Portable AMP for V-Moda M-100. [Fiio E07k vs E11k]
Sep 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GangXtaZz

New Head-Fier
Hello! I've bought the V-Moda M-100's a while back and i'm very pleased with the sound quality. I've used them with my Htc One X and with the "beats boost eq" the volume was pretty good and the bass amount was decent while still maintaining pretty decent quality.
I have changed my phone to a LG G3 and now while the sound quality increased i feel that the volume and bass quantity is not enough for me.
I was thinking about buying one of Fiio's portable amps so this question rises:
Is E11k good enough or should i go for the E07k?
I want more bass and volume while maintaining the sound quality.
I'm kinda short on money but i can wait a bit more if the E07k is worth the price difference.

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 6
The bass quantity issue probably has to do with the eq you were using with the htc. Try getting an equilizer to solve that.
The amp part of the fiio e7k is probably inferior to the fiio e11.

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 6
I think the E11 could serve you well. If you are running your phone near maximum volume, then adding EQ to boost the bass may add distortion if the headphone amp in your phone clips trying to handle the extra bass load. The E11 should definitely do a better job of providing additional headroom.

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 6
  Hello! I've bought the V-Moda M-100's a while back and i'm very pleased with the sound quality. I've used them with my Htc One X and with the "beats boost eq" the volume was pretty good and the bass amount was decent while still maintaining pretty decent quality.
I have changed my phone to a LG G3 and now while the sound quality increased i feel that the volume and bass quantity is not enough for me.
I was thinking about buying one of Fiio's portable amps so this question rises:
Is E11k good enough or should i go for the E07k?
I want more bass and volume while maintaining the sound quality.
I'm kinda short on money but i can wait a bit more if the E07k is worth the price difference.

The FiiO E07K can not use it's DAC feature with the LD G3 and the E11K is a more powerful headphone amplifier, then the E07k's.
So I say go for the E11K.

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 6
I tried EQ with lots of music players but it didn't do the trick, the sound quality suffers a lot and the bass is still not present.
I will go with E11K, thanks for the help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back