portable amp for v moda crossfade lp? new member pleae help!
Jul 11, 2013 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

johnson98

New Head-Fier
Ok, so I know there's a dozen threads about this but I'm getting tired of reading them and I need to talk to someone. I'm new to this site, BTW my name is Kyle.

Ok, so I got my phone, an android phone, the htc rezound a few months ago. I was more than impressed with the beats earbuds bundled with it, and it opened me to the headphone market. I was on a budget of around $100. and after research I found the VMODA CROSSFADE LP HEADPHONES. I must say I love them, but I have found with my phone the detail is not as good as advertised, although my phone easily powers the cans.
I have been wondering, because Im on the go a lot, will the headphones benefit from a portable amp? I have been looking at the fiio e11, and I am wondering will it really make the sound better??? please help I'm wondering if the fiiio e11 would help? I'm on a budget of about 70$ or less. thanks

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 7
Welcome to head-fi :)

Since your headphones are easy to drive, and you want better resolution and details. Get a Dac/amp combo, like the Fiio E17. 

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 7
oh sorry I didnt see your post! thanks, but I don't need a DAC, its only for my phone. I must say that is a bit out of my price range. will the fioo e11 really improve the actual sound

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #5 of 7
Yes it will, and you need to read the sup-$100 AMP reviews from the Portable AMP forum.

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 7
Kyle, amping the LP will not do you any good in terms of detail or clarity. Look into EQing your headphones and lowering the bass so you can better hear the mids/treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back