Portable AMP for Sennh ie80
Feb 18, 2016 at 8:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Blasyrkh

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I just bought a pair of sennh ie80 ( at a good deal of 195€) to replace the hifiman RE600, because the white cable  started to get out from the braided enclosure.

I was using the RE600 with a fiio E18 portable dac/amp connected to my phone.

Considering that I like the ie80 quite more, there is somenthing that i dislike about the amp, that is the slightly unrefined mids.

This is an issue that was much more noticeable with the RE600, but even if it's tamed now, i think i am not getting the ie80 true potential.
I tried both headphones with a benchmark dac1 to understand what can be achieved, and i have a dac1->yaohin 300b-> hd800/he500 rig to make the comparison

so my question is:

a good dac/amp with a more refined sound? mids in particular? i dont' pretend to reach my main rig quality, nor the dac1->ie80 quality, but i would like something warmer and more refined (even if not necessarily ultra detailed).

budget: less than 400€
availabilty: shop inside UE

what about oppo HA2?

thank you very much

Mar 2, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #4 of 4
You really got a good deal with the sennh ie80 as it my location and online stores its available for $250.
I haven't got my hands yet on oppo ha2 but I tried FiiO E6 and it does works fine.

Pros
> Cheaper
> Does the work
> Best seller

Cons
> Not a premium DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back