Portable amp for phone ? Newbie
Apr 23, 2015 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bonami2

Head-Fier
Hello :)

Being a long time since i read about amp and stuff so im lost now.

Do adding an amp like Fiio could improve sound quality?  To headphone ?   To Speaker in case i use the phone for ?

I used a Xonar DG on my last mobo and the audio amp was POWERFULL  

Too much but at least it sounded good and had lot of power.

That what im looking for a good portable amp.

I use currently a LG Nexus 5  

Soundcloud

Youtube

Google Music

And 320kbs music

I plan to get a MEElectronics M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver

Currently use often the M9P from a friend and they do sound good. Sometime I wish i could have more power.

What should i get? Budget 50$ CANADIAN MAX  Can use more if seriously needed

I look at amazon.ca most of the time

Thank you :)

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 9
Size wise for a phone the Fiio E6 works quit well. It's in your price range. Don't let the price and size fool you. It's small but mighty. Can drive my Senn HD600 300 ohm headphones to acceptable levels.

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 9
  Size wise for a phone the Fiio E6 works quit well. It's in your price range. Don't let the price and size fool you. It's small but mighty. Can drive my Senn HD600 300 ohm headphones to acceptable levels.

Thank you :)

Seem like it perfect for what i need

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 9
I just had a friend try it on his phone and he plans on getting one. When ever I use it I'm amazed by the soundstage coming from it.

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 9
  I just had a friend try it on his phone and he plans on getting one. When ever I use it I'm amazed by the soundstage coming from it.

Yea i do know the soundstage on the m9p on my nexus 5 is pretty impressive i looked at a festival and almost felt i was there ahah.  With a amp it should be even better.

Anyways i want it for the extra power ability and Audio if i need it

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 9
Seem some review says it sound metallic?  Is that right?   Im pretty sensitive from high frequency the last earphone i used was a Jvc was 20$ and it hurted my ear sound wise

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #7 of 9
  Seem some review says it sound metallic?  Is that right?   Im pretty sensitive from high frequency the last earphone i used was a Jvc was 20$ and it hurted my ear sound wise

I don't find that to be the case. There are many factors involved. Source headphone or IEM used. I have 6 HP and 4 IEMs.and its fine with all of them. This is all subjective.
Best to buy from place that you can return. For under $30 US you can't beat it. It does have different built in settings I run it flat 99% of the time with no issues. I stick by my suggestion and statement. Small but mighty.
beerchug.gif
I'm listening to it at this moment with my Senn HD600 (One of the best headphones every made) playing Jenny Lewis The Voyager all I can say is WOW.

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #8 of 9
Not to mention 10 + hours of use per charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back