Portable Amp for IEM's?
Jan 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #16 of 18
I will also put a vote in for the E11, cheap and does a very good job. An option for normal batteries would have made this a much better amp though, it has a ridiculous charge time and if you don't use it the battery will lose charge over time without even being on.

I use mine with an ipod 160gb and headphones that people say don't need amping but it still sounds better to me, but everyone has different ears.

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:
I will also put a vote in for the E11, cheap and does a very good job. An option for normal batteries would have made this a much better amp though, it has a ridiculous charge time and if you don't use it the battery will lose charge over time without even being on.
I use mine with an ipod 160gb and headphones that people say don't need amping but it still sounds better to me, but everyone has different ears.

Battery is easily replaced, you can get spares and charge them seperately. 

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #18 of 18
I use the RSA Tomahawk to run Ety ER4-S out of a diymod and find it to be an excellent, compact setup. The Tomahawk was developed specifically for IEM's, uses regular alkaline AAA batteries and has an almost unbelieveable battery life. The build quality is first rate and used examples are usually available for between US$175-200.

Just another to consider...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back