Portable Amp for Hd555s?
Dec 23, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #16 of 22
Thanks everybody for your replies!
bigsmile_face.gif
Your information has helped me and I'm curious about modding the 555s though I'm not good with these kind of things.
confused_face.gif
Perhaps one of you fellas could hook me up with a link?

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #18 of 22
That's a great link there. I searched all over the forums for mods for 555s and didn't really find what I was looking for. I was able to do the 555 -> 595 mod and it sounds much better after, one step closer to reaching that elusive sound I desire. I am currently in the midst of trying to find a DIY guide for the soundstage mod. Though, I don't quite believe this is the right forum for this stuff.

So in conclusion, the HD555s do not receive a lot of improvement from amping, though a slight improvement will be there? Perhaps one of the more inexpensive amps (Fiios, cMoys) would do the job of improving SQ just as well as the more expensive ones (iBassos, NuForces, Bithead)? Since the 555s don't benefit as much.

Dec 24, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #19 of 22
That's true in a sense, but if you're going to upgrade your headphones later, you can always invest in a better amp.

Dec 25, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #22 of 22
555 were my first larger open headphone. Nice at first but sibilance became an issue for me over time as I heard other headphones. They did sounded better with my iBasso P3 Heron with opamp swap from HiFlights topkit. T4 sounded decent but didn't make that much difference with the 555.

T4 does better SQ with some (not all) IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back