Portable amp for Denon D2000 +/- Beyer 770 600Ohm
Apr 15, 2010 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gregvet

Head-Fier
My current favourite cans are my Denon D2000, which I am loving at home and work. I want to use them on the move from my ipod too, but I miss the amazing sound I get at home. Is there a good mobile amp (no DAC required) that will drive these well (I assume they are mainly aimed at IEMs).

I am pretty sure my next cans will be Beyer 770 600 Ohms, so if I were to get a mobile amp it would need to be able to drive these too.

Are there any suitable?

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 4
iBasso P3+ will drive the 600ohm Beyers, I have my P3+ powering my DT990 600ohm
beyersmile.png

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #4 of 4
I created a similar thread not too long ago, for my D2000's.
I can vouch for the Meier 3Move's ability to drive these headphones quite nicely. The other amp that was highly recommended (in my thread) was the Arrow 12HE. I would suggest taking a look either of those two among the others recommended.
The only reason I got the 3Move over the Arrow was for the DAC function.

As for the 770's, I haven't heard them, but FWIR they are quite bassy (as are the D2000). On that note, I can tell you with certainty that there was a lot more depth and 'oomph' in the bass response when my D2000's were amped with the 3Move; I wouldn't say overpowering, but YMMV.
Considering, however, that they will be 600ohms, I really don't think that many portables will do it justice (IMO), the Denon's would be much easier to drive.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back