Portable amp for crossfade lp
May 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Meltdownblitz

New Head-Fier
I'm really to the audiophille world, but I'm wanting to make my music come more to life. I just picked up a pair of v-moda crossfade lp's and some vibratos. I've never used an amp before but I always hear people talking about them on these forums so I decided to try one. I'm mainly looking for some that can make my headphones (over the head or iem) sound better. At first I want to go a little cheaper on the amp to try it out, and maybe I'll look to a better one later. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks.

May 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #2 of 10
Here a few suggestions for ya:

Electric-Avenues PA2V2

Fiio E5, E11

May 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks, theres a bunch of Fiio E5's on Amazon, which one is the one to get?

This one looks good because it comes with a bunch of cables.
http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Headphone-Amplifier-Micca-Cable/dp/tech-data/B002V5M5E6

What do you think?

May 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #4 of 10
Fiio is cheap (it was my first portable amp), but largely not worth it.

In a month or so the fiio E11 will be out, much better.
Or try an ibasso T3.

what player do you have?

May 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #5 of 10
I agree with the above post. I wouldn't buy an E5 just for the sake of having an amp (I have one and it didn't improve the music much at all). You should go with something a bit better, like a PA2V2 or E11.

May 10, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #8 of 10
Wow thanks for that, I never knew there was such an app. I downloaded eQu and I was messing with it for a while, it really does boost the sound and brings out the bass. Just one Concern, will this cause any harm in any way? To either the device, headphones, anything? Will it be safer buyin a real amp?

Thanks.

May 10, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #9 of 10
Your devices should be fine, unless you start to hear distortion or clipping noises. then that would mean your equalization settings are a bit too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back