Portable amp for AKG 702
Nov 19, 2015 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

irenic

New Head-Fier
Hey all
So as the title suggests I need a portable amp for my k702s I know their hard to drive, I know I should get solid desktop amp/DAC for these and I will later down the line but I need something portable right now. Been looking at the Fiio E17/E17k since I've heard they do alright with the k702s. That is the price point (again this is a temporary solution although if you can suggest an amp/DAC I can use as a portable and desktop set i would look into it. I would like to know what's the best choice between the E17 and the E17k and any and all other suggestions for a portable amp (the dual amp/DAC package of the Fiio also interests me since it will be my first amp so if there is anything else like that out there let me know)

Thanks in advance,
-Irenic

P.S. By portable I mean that will fit in the case in the picture or at most that will fit into a similarly sized case by itself.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the Fiio Andes E07K and the K702 and I don't have problems with them power-wise.

Sound-wise, it's good I guess. I haven't really tried any other Amps or DACs to really know but all I can say is that it works and I can drive them pretty loudly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back