Portable amp/dac recommendations?
Sep 27, 2019 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dougeefresh

500+ Head-Fier
Looking for a combo amp/dac that's not too big. Doesn't have to be pocketable as it will mostly be used indoor.

SQ and input options (USB, BT, maybe opt) are important. Thinking around 500 or less.

Was looking at ifi ones (Micro BL, xdsd) but I am open to others.

Thanks.

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 7
I think the xdsd is a pretty good option. You should also consider a DAP as I have always been a dac/amp combo guy myself but realized recently DAPs are popular for a reason. They provide a good dac/good amp, usually better than the dac/amp combo.

Sep 28, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 7
Mojo is nice as well.

Sep 28, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 7
Looking for a combo amp/dac that's not too big. Doesn't have to be pocketable as it will mostly be used indoor.
SQ and input options (USB, BT, maybe opt) are important. Thinking around 500 or less. Was looking at ifi ones (Micro BL, xdsd) but I am open to others. Thanks.
Topping DX3 Pro or Xduoo XD-05.

Oct 8, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #6 of 7
Topping DX3 Pro or Xduoo XD-05.

Any chance you have experience with the Xduoo XD-10 Poke amp? I've been tossing about the idea to get one to use with my Sony NW-A45, however the other thought is since I'm already paying $250 for the amp I might be better off just getting something like the Fiio M11 or Hiby R5 instead. I just hate how big the Fiio is compared to my Sony, plus I don't need android (already have a Galaxy S8) based DAP when I just want a pure music player with long battery life. Still it seems only natural to pay a little more for a DAP that has good amplifier already built in, so I'm kinda torn on what to do.

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #7 of 7
Any chance you have experience with the Xduoo XD-10 Poke amp? I've been tossing about the idea to get one to use with my Sony NW-A45, however the other thought is since I'm already paying $250 for the amp I might be better off just getting something like the Fiio M11 or Hiby R5 instead. I just hate how big the Fiio is compared to my Sony, plus I don't need android (already have a Galaxy S8) based DAP when I just want a pure music player with long battery life. Still it seems only natural to pay a little more for a DAP that has good amplifier already built in, so I'm kinda torn on what to do.
I know zero about the XD-10.
I do own two XD-05, both are in need of warranty repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back