Portable amp.. cross feeding.. cheap?
Feb 26, 2007 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kaizer

New Head-Fier
I recently picked up a pair of Beyerdynamic 770pro/80 headphones. Im finding that my Zune doesnt really put out enough juice to really get these headphones to an acceptable volume level for me. It doesnt help the fact that im at least 75% deaf in one ear.

So.. thats where the cross feeding could come in handy for me.. but its not a deal breaker. I would also like to use this along with my PC so a wall adapter would be a bonus.

Im not really interested in lifting "veils of grain", widening my verticle or horizontal sound stage, or hearing pure honey dipped in ambrosia goodness.. just some nice clean volume will do for me. Chances are I wont be able to hear it anyway with my bum ears.

Now for price.. well.. under 100 would be great. Im not really interested in putting it together myself.. but wouldnt mind buying from a DIY builder.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't know of any non DIY amp which has crossfeed in that price. As much as I like crossfeed, I prefer using none with my DT-770/80. Being closed they don't seem to have a wide enough soundstage to be annoying...that doesn't sound logical but there it is.

If you've never heard what crossfeed does you may not like it or find that it doesn't help with your hearing loss.

I believe you can find amps for that price that will greatly improve the 770 over what a DAP can do...if even just providing more power----they need a lot for proper
basshead.gif

icon10.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 5
The HeadRoom Total AirHead, at $149, may be about as inexpensive as a decent headphone amp with crossfeed can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back