Portable Amp Adventure!(A review)
Jul 19, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #16 of 23
yes; it is true that double amping is not ideal, even the zune docks do not give a line-out; only the home dock does from what I understand. there are reasons to still go ahead with amping a HP out, especially one that is as clean as the zune has. but I dont know if ESW9 and TF10 are good ones as they are fairly efficient and the only rweason I can see to do it is if more power is needed. but as dacs obviously they would show a marked improvement as you noted. nice review though and I feel it will be of some help to members coming through the ranks. you should clear up you statement that all devices have a line-out; that is simply NOT the case at all.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #17 of 23
My CD player has an optical line out in which you can also plug a 3.5mm plug- does anybody know if the sound quality is the same whether you use an optical or 3.5mm lead to connect to a portable amp?

Thanks for this thread, really useful.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #19 of 23
Thank you! I wish there were more reviews of this nature as it is very useful I think!

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #21 of 23
"It doesn't scream quality, it defines it."

Heh... I like that ^. Thanks for the review! It was a fun read. I got more satisfaction reading this then going through all these gigantic appreciation/review threads @_@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back