Portable Amp: 80% laptop 20% phone?
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dooodstevenn

Head-Fier
I've been searching and searching and have not found my specific situation since all the others have found have to do with idevices.  I have ath-m50's and was wondering if they would benefit from an amp.  Im looking between the fiio e7 and e11.  I know the e7 has a DAC but is it needed for my laptop for my phone (windows phone, samsung focus s).  Im getting this set up for school where the majority of my time listening is in the library/room doing homework or studying which would be on a laptop, a blackberry tablet, or my phone.  every once in a while i will listen while walking around campus to class or to lunch, but i'd say 80% of my listening time is sitting with a laptop. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 3
I have the exact same setup, ATH-M50s and Fiio E7.

I have a laptop that came with cheap horrible onboard audio that can't keep up with M50s.
But the E7 did a fantastic job as a DAC for my M50s. If your soundcard is like mine you will notice the changes even far away from your headphone. :D

As for using E7 with my iPhone I don't notice much difference in SQ. iPhone already has a great audio built in so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back