Portable AM/FM Radio
Aug 11, 2002 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CRESCENDOPOWER

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking for a portable am/fm handheld radio to power headphones. The most important consideration is quality of the power. I will be using this radio strictly for local stations close to my area. Size is of no factor, as long as I can hold it in my hand. The portable radio with the best power specifications that I have found so far is the Sangean DT-200V. If anyone knows of any alternate options for me please post. Thanks!

Aug 11, 2002 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 4
sangeans are great.

I have a sony srf-83 lighter size radio. EXTREMELY small. This radio uses a circuit similar to the Sony srf-49, which has some of the best reception in pocket radios. The 83 brings in really good reception.

Power? im assuming you're talking about the amount of power the radio will send to the phones jack. Well, from anything pocket sized you're not going to get great power. Dont expect to power senn 600's or anything.

Aug 11, 2002 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 4
One thing is more sure. Trying to find output power specifications of the headphone section of pocket sized am/fm radios is almost impossible. They are almost always never listed. I think that might be telling me something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back