Porta Pro or Senn PX100 or PX200
Apr 16, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

I like things to be fairly balanced and I feel the PPs are decent at this.

Hahahhahahahhahahahhaha...

Sorry. Love my portapros. Just not for balance. But hey, to each his own.

Apr 16, 2003 at 5:28 AM Post #17 of 21
Geez well, I'm not gonna claim to be some kind of Headphone Pro, but I like what I hear out of the PPs. Maybe balance wasn't the correct term, but anyway, I've decided to stick with the PPs for now.

Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
Hahahhahahahhahahahhaha...

Sorry. Love my portapros. Just not for balance. But hey, to each his own.

Apr 16, 2003 at 7:07 AM Post #18 of 21
Sorry again about ragging on a fellow newbie. I can be a bit of a jerk sometimes. Portapros are great headphones, the bass just gets on my nerves sometimes. Then again I use k501s mostly so what do I know?

Apr 16, 2003 at 10:31 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by joecrouton
ok, i ordered px200s and portas. I will trey each one and then sell the one i dont like, or keep both.

Remember to let us know how they both work out - comparison would be great
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2003 at 4:19 AM Post #21 of 21
So, I've been lurking and reading for about a year now, and after all the talk, I went ahead and ordered the PX200 and Porta-Pros about 2 months ago. I use these when I don't feel like fussing with the ETY4S's.

My personal preference is the ETY sound, i.e. clean, little emphasis placed in any one area, but rather all areas.

Here are my thoughts on the portable phones,

For reference I use an NJB3 w/up til today a Total Airhead, I just got my META in the mail, Oh is this thing awesome, but I digress...

What I've found first of all is that I've migrated to the PX200s. Not necessarily for the PX200 strengths, and they do have them, but because I am not a fan of the muddy Bass that I hear in the Portas. That was the first thing I noticed.

For a breakdown of my opinion:

PX200 Strengths = Clean Sound, Present Lows, Clear Mids, Sharp Highs, Surprisingly Isolating for Portables, after having them on for a while, I don't even feel them, oh...and I like the case they come in.
PX200 Weakness = To get a good sound, they have to be placed correctly on the ears(A little back of the opening), but once there, they sound very good.

Porta-Pro Strengths = Very Comfortable, I like the portability, Mids are clean, and highs are good
Porta-Pro Weakness = The Lows are Muddy, almost to the point of impeding the Mids. I feel like the music is slogging through a tar pit at times. I wouldn't mind the over present lows if they didn't feel so syrupy.

My next test is gonna be the Grado SR60's. Should be here after Headroom gets them back in.

So, long story even longer, PX200's have great sound when placed right, Porta-Pros are muddy on the bottom, Grados coming soon, Ety's are perfect, and oooh META so good. (JMT ROCKS!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back