Porta-headphones
Jun 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

headphone man07

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, it's me again
I shall brief you all (prepare to be briefed)
I currently own lindy premiums and on wednesday monoprice 8320. 
Now, I have very strict criteria for these headphones. 
the lindys are used: for long journeys (2 hours plus) home listening (backs off usually) audiophilia conversions
The monoprice will be used for: very short journeys (30 mins or less) times when I can't carry the lindy case around, most public transport journeys
The mysterious new headphones which I haven't decided on will be used on: very long public transport journeys (1 hour plus) medium journeys (30 mins- 2hours) audiophilia converts and "have with me headphones" (i.e. the sort of headphones I can just plug in without all the faffing around with spare earpads, tangled cables and hefty cases).
In case you haven't yet worked out which headphones are the ones I'd like help with they are the mysterious new headphones.
Requirements in order of importance include:
1:Isolation 15db+
2:full size, csn't stand on ears and I'm used to my Lindy's HUGE pads
3:good sound quality e.g. good details, large sound-stage, and relatively neutral, although I will make one or two exceptions
4: well built, I really don't want them to snap
5:good looking (makes audiophilia more enticing for converts where as the lindys are for people who are nearly there)
some things to keep in mind
1) budget of £100 or less with exceptions for literally LEGENDARY OR AMAZING headphones
2) don't have to trawl through endless pages of google shopping to find them 
some I've considered
V-moda LP
AKG K550 LEGENDARY exception
Beyerdynamic custom 1 pro
Thanks in advance 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back