Porsche Design Sound/KEF Space One and Motion One
Dec 1, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #61 of 108
Anyone compare these to DSR9bt or Beyerdynamic Dt 1770? I currently use the latter as my go to, but am considering the DSR9 or the KEF wireless as a lateral upgrade for portability.

Thanks

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #62 of 108
Of course this came out in the US after I upgraded the cable and a new Sony WM-1A firmware upgrade offers more Bluetooth connection options...

FenderP, where did you read that it's more comfortable? The KEF explanation of the wireless version doesn't really say it's any different in construction or fit from the wired version, and all I can find about the new version is KEF ad copy recycled on other websites.

It was in the e-mail from PD I got on 9/29. "NOW EVEN MORE COMFORTABLE WITH BLUETOOTH". They could mean BT makes it more comfortable, but that's just stupid ... or they have bad marketers.

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #63 of 108
Just listed a pair of two week-old Space One Wireless on the forums. I really enjoy the sound, and don't personally have any issues with comfort. But since I splurged on a Black Friday deal IEM, I can't really justify keeping both, much as I would like to. Hit me up with any questions/more info.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #64 of 108
Why not return them if they are only 2 weeks old?

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #66 of 108
Have you guys done any other comparisons? I keep coming back to these, but $400 is a lot, especially when lacking apt HD. Currently Considering these or the Aventhos. Been using the Ue9000, which I'm fairly happy with. Just curious if it's worth the 400 bucks

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #67 of 108
Can someone kindly confirm the exact weight of the Space One (original)? Is it 265g as stated by Kef or 316g as stated in the manual? 316g would be a deal breaker.

I'm super intertested in buying these tomorrow. They may be the first headphone to dethrown the mighty Beoplay H6.

Cheers!

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #68 of 108
Have you guys done any other comparisons? I keep coming back to these, but $400 is a lot, especially when lacking apt HD. Currently Considering these or the Aventhos. Been using the Ue9000, which I'm fairly happy with. Just curious if it's worth the 400 bucks

I'm in the same boat. I want to get Aventho but wonder about Space One Wireless as well.

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #69 of 108
Can someone kindly confirm the exact weight of the Space One (original)? Is it 265g as stated by Kef or 316g as stated in the manual? 316g would be a deal breaker.

I'm super intertested in buying these tomorrow. They may be the first headphone to dethrown the mighty Beoplay H6.

Cheers!

I weighed the kef space one I have, with a pair of kitchen scales but I could not find the basket for it.
I approximated it to be between 320 and 330g (it was a bit larger than the scales base), so I'm assuming it's 316g without the cable attached and with a calibrated scale :)

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #70 of 108
Thanks very much for taking the time to confirm the weight. Appreciate it.

I do wonder how Kef came to 265g. This really throws a spanner into the works now as it's heavier than I would have liked.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #71 of 108
Could I use these without an inserted battery, with just the cable? That would bring the weight down to 300g.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #72 of 108
Could I use these without an inserted battery, with just the cable? That would bring the weight down to 300g.

I only use the noise cancelling on an aeroplane, most of the time the battery is doing literally nothing :)
Battery weighs approx 12g, it is possible I measured incorrectly, hopefully someone else will weigh theirs...

Also my model is *not* the wireless model, I believe that might have a built in battery...

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #73 of 108
Sounds good. I'm proper tempted to give this a shot.

I could not care less about the wireless version as I am not a fan of bluetooth audio quality and the last thing I would want is for my super expensive cable to go to waste.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #74 of 108
Fairly certain the cost is the same for both models. Might as well get the Bt version for versatility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back