Porcupine Tree - "The Incident"
Jul 11, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #91 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the new OSI album.

There's also a new project (Guilt Machine) with Arjen Lucassen and Chris Maitland (Ex-PT drummer)

Guilt Machine on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Thanks for the Guilt Machine link. Very Ayreon-like sound, which is only a good thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RationalGaze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seem to be in a minority here, but I much prefer the older PT material to the newer. I greatly prefer Up the Downstair, Sky Moves Sideways, Voyage 34, Signify and even Metanoia to all their later albums. All the later albums are good too, but I prefer the psychadelic feel that had in the initial albums.

I prefer the older albums also but I must say that I simply love every single album they've ever made (except Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape). Maybe that's the reason why PT is my favorite band.

Jul 12, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #92 of 431
PORCUPINE TREE - THE INCIDENT
Written and recorded between September-May, "The Incident" is the tenth studio album by Porcupine Tree. Released worldwide by Roadrunner on 14th September (one week earlier than previously announced in order to coincide with the first tour dates), the album is a 2 disc set, the first disc containing the 55 minute title track / song cycle, and the second CD featuring 4 shorter pieces. There will be 3 editions of the album; a standard 2 CD set, a deluxe edition (contents to be confirmed), and a double vinyl version.

The album cover, as photographed by lasse hoile, can be viewed here:
http://www.lassehoile.com/incident/The_Incident.jpg

AUDIO PREVIEW
The band will be posting a medley of extracts from The Incident on its myspace page -- Porcupine Tree on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads - on Monday, 13th July. The medley will also be posted on Roadrunner UK's website the same day at 4PM UK time at Roadrunner Records - Porcupine Tree's - The Incident.

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #93 of 431
THE SAMPLES ARE UP!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #95 of 431
Freakin' cool! I think I will really be into this album. The only thing I don't like about the bands direction is how hard the rock has gotten over the past few albums. The Incident seems like there are many moments of mellow music but they always lead up to an interruption of hard, dark rock. I will have to hear the album in its entirety to judge it faithfully but these 7 and a half minutes taken from all the tracks on the (I'm assuming) first CD of the album sound promising. One thing I notice is that the mellow parts have a more positive upturn from the mellow tracks of old, yet still retain their ethereal, avant-garde and textural qualities. My favorite parts of the medley (in order of preference) started at 1:59 and ended at 2:22, 4:27 through 4:41, 5:33 through 5:52.

When it arrives at my home I will shut out the world, fire up my Audio-gd Phoenix and my RAM DL3 or Reference One DAC (which I'll have by then), put on my HD800 and press play. I will not be disturbed by my girlfriend or anyone else for the duration of those two CDs.
evil_smiley.gif

This is going to be an excellent album, I have no doubt.

Jul 13, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #98 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing I don't like about the bands direction is how hard the rock has gotten over the past few albums.

Agree on that. I just hope that they maintain the atmosphere and melody thats been their hallmark.

Jul 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #100 of 431
Wow...very nice samples....this is definitely going to make for some nice listening!
Porcupine Tree + HD800 + "The incident" + Sept. Concert = Heaven
Nice clean vocals there.

Jul 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #101 of 431
Nice samples, but a little too familiar sounding. Theres the "Deadwing Lullaby" voice in the middle, the "Trains" guitar sound, and the high falseto backing vocals, all stuff we've heard and sound very familiar. One thing I didnt hear was a part that made me go "HOLY COW" like I went when I heard the "Fear of a Blank Planet" sample.

I remember it had that super fast bit in the middle of Anesthetize (the one with fast double bass playing), and it came out of nowhere in the sample, and I still remember hearing it the first time and my jaw just dropped. I didnt get that effect from this sample, nothing blew me away, there was a sense of familiarity, and I'm certain it'll be a solid album, have to wait and see if they've taken it even further.

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #105 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That acoustic guitar reminded me instantly of Pigs on the Wing by Pink Floyd.

Did you read the review on the Roadrunner site? It echoes my sentiments exactly! When I heard the excerpt from the song Time Flies I thought immediately it sounded like the Animals album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back