porcupine tree live in milwaukee-good show-bad manners
Nov 19, 2002 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
time to vent, saw porcupine tree tonight at shank hall, first thing I did was check out the merchandise table, plenty of tshirts and cds for sale, and I noticed a sign next to their new album that was for sale for $10.00 that said the band would be signing copies after the show. So I thought that was pretty cool since I brought two cds of my own just in case this would happen. Well after playing for just over an hour I waited anxiously for the band to appear for the signing along with about 50 other people. And I waited, and waited, and waited, and finally I noticed the roadies start running equipment out to the trailer. Eventually I got sick of waiting and asked someone who looked like they knew what was going on only to find out that the band was already on the bus. Needless to say I am pretty pissed off, if I had been one of the suckers who bought the cd at the show I really would have been lit up. Guess they're just another indie band who got their record deal and are going to forget about how they got there......

They could have had the balls to send someone out to say they were tired or whatever instead of letting a group of their real fans stand around for an hour for nothing.......

Nov 19, 2002 at 10:04 AM Post #2 of 5
damn, that sucks man. sure hope the (comparatively fantastic) succes isn't messing with their heads or anything.

Nov 19, 2002 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 5
let me tell ya man... I was going to order it ritght? so, I did...well it got canceled after a couple of days, but I figured "happens..." you know. so I tried again, but again a few days later they canceled it. appears they don't actually have
mad.gif
@#$%ers...

but I had already bought two CDs in the mean time...and then a couple of weaks ago, I just had to buy another six...basically, I've been dead broke since
rolleyes.gif

so in the end, I decided to sit it out till Europe release. perhaps get a couple more CDs around the holidays, but chill down for now and enjoy the new CDs...I'm still getting used to the new currency here, it spends sooo easy...too easy
rolleyes.gif

oh, and let me edit that previous post of mine...

Nov 20, 2002 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 5
they must've been in a bad mood or something...i saw em at an in store a few years ago and they signed cd's and posters without any problems at all[the store was vintage vinyl in evanston btw]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back