Porcupine Tree (again)
Nov 21, 2005 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Blainethepain

100+ Head-Fier
I know there has been a few of threads before. But thought I would start another:

I have been listening to them for a few months now & I think they are amazing. Started with In Absentia & it took me a couple of plays to get into but I ended up liking it very much so I bought some more:

Deadwind
Coma Divine
Stars Die
Sky moves Sideways
Voyage 34
Lightbulb Sun

I love them All!! So now I have another obsession!
rolleyes.gif

Will end up buying as much as possible, even the side projects. Steven Wilson is a very interesting man to say the least.

Cheers,

Pete.

Nov 21, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 7
Lightbulb Sun is scheduled for remastering/reissuing, I guess I'm waiting for that. I have In Absentia and Signify, like them a lot.

Nov 21, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 7
You really should check out their albums "Stupid Dream" and "Recordings" if you can find them anywhere. "XMII", the live studio album created for for XM radio and realeased on their own label has some very good remakes of a variety of their material as well.

Nov 22, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 7
I would check out Warszawa. It's by far one of the best live recordings I've ever heard. It rivals some Dave Matthews and Eric Clapton recordings...
eek.gif
It was a live show they put on, which was also being broadcast over the radio I believe.

Nov 22, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #6 of 7
Stupid Dream is my favorite. Not a single bad track on it. You should go for that next.

Nov 22, 2005 at 10:15 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the tips guys.

Just ordered Warszawa, Stupid Dream and Recordings.

Should keep me busy!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back