Popular bands that you don't understand why they are so popular.
Oct 2, 2002 at 4:14 AM Post #31 of 33
for me, i can't really seem to understand why Creed is popular...schmaltzy eddie vedder wannabe CRAP is what i see it as.

also linkin park, limp bizkit, any pop group, l'il bow wow, you get the idea. stuff like Bruce Springsteen i don't really like, but i can see how it's popular. love the Beatles, love the Stones.

hmmm what else? well it seems that's it for the moment.

chewmanji.

Oct 2, 2002 at 4:25 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
OASIS !

Here in the UK, it's Oasis this, Oasis that. Blah blah blah Biggest Rock Band in the World.

What? Oasis are the biggest rock band in the world. Who said?
I had a discussion at work recently with an Oasis fan he proclaimed them to be the best band around at the moment. Personally, everthing i've ever heard from them just grates on me to point of me really throwing a wobbler if anybopdy mentions them in my presence.

As a example just on output. Oasis have recently released their 5th album in around 10 years. From 1963 to 1970, the Rolling Stone released 23, averaging 3 each year.

Just over ten years ago the Gallagher brothers were petty criminals in Manchester and were involved in numerous burglaries and vehicle thefts. Need I go on?

It's a sad reflection in a world where a friend of mine who is a real connoiseur of the guitar and has been a professional for 35 years plus, has played with the likes of Frampton, Mariot, Lane etc. yet cannot earn a decent living from music. **** he was even a founder member of the Rats with Mick Ronson before they backed bowie and made it big.

Sound As Ever
Listening to the Clash - London Calling

Hey, watch it there! Oasis was pretty rad back when Morning glory came out, but seem to have died down here in the States. I could understand why your friend loves them, its the whole package, not just the music but the attitude. I know what you mean by how many albums were released back in the 60's, i guess that's how the industry was due to vinyl records and the such. Now an artist can cram 80 mins onto one cd, back then a band would release 4 lp's a year, 20-30 mins of music per album, 8-10 songs tops. More like a series of Ep's.

ARE YOU MAD FER IT?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back