Pops and crackles when using Emu 0404 USB
Feb 29, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #16 of 61
Quote:

If I have Foobar open and try to watch a YouTube video, it's choppy....presumably because it's trying to feed the default device (which on my system is the 0404 USB whenever it's powered up) via waveout, and that causes problems with the video playback code.

That is true, I usually shut down Foobar before doing anything else that involved audio, including watching clips on the browser in sites like youtube.

Feb 29, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #17 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKazador /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was getting audio pops when watching movies and is very annoying but I learned to live with it. I can't test if it has worked right now so I'll have to wait.

Watched a movie last night and no more pops. It worked!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #19 of 61
Halqyon, a suggestion......please put a bit more detail in your posts, and maybe we can help.

Where in Windows Media Player did you find these settings???? In WMP 11, there is no menu option called "Settings".

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #20 of 61
Went to options-devices-speakers then I clicked on properties and the advanced. Then I clicked on Emu 0404 midi device properties where you can choose if you want to enable the device or not.

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #23 of 61
Check if you see the E-MU Audio service named as emaudsv.exe listed on Task manager (there should also be another E-MU process runningg, namely the EmuUsbAudioCP (Control Panel applet). If the emaudsv.exe is not there, start the services applet and start the service manually (set it start automatically there)

start ... run... services.msc

MIDI device properties ? What that got to do with audio output?

jiitee

Mar 1, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #28 of 61
Did you do as jiiteepee suggested, and see if the services are started? I presume that they are, but this is very confusing......

Is the onboard sound on your notebook still enabled? If you disconnect the 0404 USB, do you get sound out of your internal speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back