Popping When Resuming Audio
Sep 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hackez

New Head-Fier
This particular issue has been driving me crazy for the past few days. On most days I listen to music over my speakers and pause it to step away frequently. When I return and hit resume there's a loud pop and then everything returns to normal. It just recently started doing this and I haven't changed any hardware.

I've tried reseating audio cables with no results. Thoughts?

Setup:

Motherboard > Xonar Sound Card > Creative 2.1 Speakers

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 5
The Xonar does pop when changing inputs. If you're getting popping when pausing/unpausing, that likely has more to do with the software player you're using.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
The Xonar does pop when changing inputs. If you're getting popping when pausing/unpausing, that likely has more to do with the software player you're using.

Alright. Can anyone with a Xonar confirm/deny popping with Pandora One (software player for Pandora Radio if you pay the subscription fee)?

Appreciate the information anetode.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 5
Try using a test file on a different app - like windows media player or something. If the same thing happens, it's not the app. If it is the app, it could simply be because it's re-buffering the audio stream after you've paused for some time.

Oh, and I meant changing outputs, not inputs, on the xonar control panel.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 5
It could very well be the buffering doing it, excellent point. I haven't experienced it with any traditional media players (WMP/Winamp). I think I'll send them an email to see if they've heard of any similar issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back