Popping sounds on volume adjustment??
Apr 4, 2006 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Nomada

Head-Fier
My new PX 100 pop when I adjust the volume on both my ipod and thru the stereo. I haven't broken them in per se, and I did play them quite loud the first day of purchase.

Could this be a sign of deficiency, or perhaps it's just the driver slowly bouncing into shape? It does happen more frequently with bass-heavy music.

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
I think there's something wrong with your source.

Seeming how it happens equally with 3 different players, could it be possible that certain mp3 files could cause it?? That wouldn't seem to make sense to me, though it always happens with the same files. Anyone ever heard of that?

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 6
I hear a popping sound when adjusting the volume of a Porta Corda Mk II with a pair of sensitive canalphones. Same for the headphone out of my D311. I have no idea what causes it, but I don't think it's anything to worry about, unless you hear the noise even when you're not adjusting the volume.

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
I hear a popping sound when adjusting the volume of a Porta Corda Mk II with a pair of sensitive canalphones. Same for the headphone out of my D311. I have no idea what causes it, but I don't think it's anything to worry about, unless you hear the noise even when you're not adjusting the volume.

Yeah huh? It does infact happen with any file I listen to, so it's either a defect or due to them not being burnt in.

Apr 4, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 6
I also exprience a slight "popping" only when I adjust the volume out of my Hornet. I tried going through the different gain settings but its still there. If I plug my phone in directly to the Nano, its non-existent. Not too sure what it is and I'm pretty sure its something with the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back