"Popping" problem with my Eastsound CD-E5
Nov 5, 2006 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Enverxis

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been having this problem for quite a while actually, and I thought that it may have just been because I needed to clean the laser lens, according to the various at length threads in the past.

However that was not the case, I clean my transport tray and laser lens every few weeks and the popping noises still occur.

There were times when I thought it was the CDs themselves, however it happens on new CDs too, and even if I rewind a CD to see if it pops on the same second twice, it does not.

What happens is during playback, usually between track 5-8 on any CD, and without a pause in playback popping noises will occur in the music. I am not quite sure what could be causing them ... could it have something to do with power ? (I live in an old house, CD player is plugged directly into the wall) or could it be the transport wearing down ? (I don't know how that is possible as I rarely move my player). I remember DarkAngel once mentioned that it might be static electricity from pressing the play button, however since it occurs 20-40 minutes into the CDs I doubt that to be the case.
I sit my computer monitor on top of the CD player with some linen in between to stop scratching, to preserve space on my desk, could that also be causing it ?

Open to suggestions, thankyou for your time if anyone bothers to answer my post
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 10
Sounds like the laser tracking as it moves along the disk. If you got it from Cattylink and still in warranty send Snowy an email and hopefully he can sort it. Good luck Jim.

Nov 5, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 10
Nov 6, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 10
Some CDPs with metal buttons can have eratic playback issues caused by static electricity when touching metal buttons.....best to always use remote to open CD tray and start playback if you don't do this already.

Could be something else but above info is good practice to follow, I always touch audio rack before touching any audio gear in rack to discharge any static electricity......and use remote whenever possible.

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
Yes I am organising a new transport from him as we speak.

Great, he is very good at sending a replacement. Mine went after 3 or 4 months. The new E5 coming out is supposed to have eradicated the problem, and i think there was quite a few. Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back