Popeyes > KFC
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #16 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately I can't find any KFC or Popeyes where I am. But to me, KFC tastes better than Popeyes. Well... that maybe because I had KFC overseas and Popeyes in the States.

Yeah... and what's with fast food overseas being SOOOO much better than in the States?

This is an excellent point. KFC in Japan is quite yummy (though no mashed potatoes.)

Of course, I have had the privilege of having Popeyes in Seoul, Korea so
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #17 of 65
There are no popeyes here.
frown.gif
No Whitecastle either.

So I can't really say.

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #19 of 65
Popeyes is definitely better. Dip it in the gravy!

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #20 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Damn someone who knows good Popeyes...last time i went to the homeland i saw a popeyes and said, hell why not? turned out to be the best move i made that day.

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #22 of 65
Quote:

This is an excellent point. KFC in Japan is quite yummy (though no mashed potatoes.)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

for some reason popeyes in Korea is really good, I still remember that I liked it when I was a kid and that was close to ten years ago. KFC is pretty horrible IMO, and even though the popeyes here in the US isnt as good as it is in Korea its definitely way above KFC.

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #24 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are no popeyes here.
frown.gif
No Whitecastle either.

So I can't really say.

Sadly, we don't have White Castle in VA Beach. I make it a point that I go to White Castle whenever I visit my cousins in NJ.

But we do have our Popeyes!!!! Spicy Chicken. *drool.

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #25 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, there's only KFC in Seattle.
frown.gif

We do have a local favorite, Ezelle's Chicken. It's a bit more expensive than KFC but it's tastes more like home-made.

*ahem* I guess there is no Popeyes in Seattle but here is one in Renton.
cool.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #26 of 65
We have both near us, and for me, Popeyes beats KFC by a very large margin. I especially love Popeyes side dishes, particularly the dirty rice. The mashed potatoes with the Cajun gravy are also excellent (the spicy gravy is what makes it). Don't care for their biscuits, though. Too greasy/salty.

Tip: When you get the dirty rice as a side dish, ask for the Cajun gravy on the rice. Makes it even better.
icon10.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #27 of 65
I haven't eaten at Popeyes in a very long time. There aren't many Popeyes here where I live (only three franchises, one of them on a airforce base) compared to KFC. KFC may not offer the best fried chicken out there, but it's the most convenient for me when I do have the cravings for it.

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #28 of 65
Quote:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

fried chicken like KFC or Church's in Japan or Taiwan is quite tasty compared to the bland chicken that we get there.

it's funny that yesterday my gf mentioned how good popeye's is and now here i see this thread. guess i've got to try it and see it's as good as the KFC i've had in asia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back