'pop' sound from Aune X1s - how can I fix it?
Nov 9, 2015 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

pila405

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I just got my Aune X1s and it has this very bothering 'pop' and 'thump' sounds when I turn it on and off. I know this is relay related - but the question is; how do I fix it?
Is it normal? Should I send it back for a repair?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #2 of 13
I think that is by design. As electric current rushes in to the circuit when you turn it on and it creates a very short transient output as it settles down. That is not as annoying as my issue with sennheiser hdvd that i just posted

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 13
I know, but the question is how do I solve it?
Maybe you should contact Sennheiser and ask for your money back.Or they should at least provide a solution.

JDS Labs claim they managed to get rid off all the on\off noises with their "The Element" DAC\amp.

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #4 of 13
Yeah I contacted but no luck. Here is the link of my issuehttp://www.head-fi.org/t/787045/sennheiser-hdvd-800-faint-low-frequency-popping-noise

Not sure how can that be fixed without modding your unit. Normally if the amp produces a annoying thump the easiest solution is add a time delay circuit in the output.

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 13
I don't mind modding it, I just need to figure out how exactly to do it.

Do you have any useful links for time delay circuit designs? 

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #6 of 13
This one is fine
https://www.google.com/search?q=time+delay+circuit+for+speakers&oq=time+delay+circuit+for+speakers&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i33.14709j0j4&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=trx0co4s6jmn2M%3A

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 13
You can use a lot small dpst relay swirches since it will just in the line output. I would try connecting/disconnecting the wires of the line out going to your amp first and see if it will make a weird noise that way. Or use the relay ang manually turn it on/off. If no noise then it is good to go with mod.

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #8 of 13
I don't think I understood. Could you elaborate, please?

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #9 of 13
Before you start modding it is best to try adding the time delay,circuit without taking apart the dac you have by some simple methods. Then if it works then you can add the mod internally. I think it is going to be hard process.

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #10 of 13
Will the time delay circuit will be transparent once the amp is on?
I don't want it to add noise etc'...

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #12 of 13
Will the time delay circuit will be transparent once the amp is on?

I don't want it to add noise etc'...

It will not add noise as it is going to be connected between headphones and amp. But it looks like the x1 casing is so small. Not sure how you are going to be able to fit the circuit inside. I would just buy a different dac/amp. If you prefer protable units I recommend Centrance HiFi M8. Very clean sounding dac amp.

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #13 of 13
The noise isn't strong, but the fact of its very existence is bothering me. I think I will just keep plugging the 'phones after I turn it on.

Thank you very much! Your help is much appreciated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back