Pop Pulse converter or Trends Audio UD 10.1
Jul 5, 2008 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mr_bill

New Head-Fier
Which of these two converters is the better audio performer?

I would like to use in between my Dell Laptop>JRiver Media Jukebox with Flac and XP and my Theta Gen VIII (dac/preamp)

I will use to convert from USB to Coax or AES. I have firewire out on my Dell 8600 too, and am wondering if firewire is the better route to output or USB and what converter to use?

Aug 5, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #3 of 4
since no ones answered this question i thought id throw in my 2 cents....the trends ud 10.1 has been quoted to be an excellent value for the money and is built with some impressive components for the price. i bought the ud 10.1 to allow me to use my dell xps as a music center with the digital signal going to the zero dac/amp. It does what it is ment to and then some. Unfortunately i spent 150 on it with the batter pack that i never use and now i have an optical out on my laptop so im giving this unit out for 100 shipped. Do some research and PM me if you decide you want to save some money.

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by indianbraker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since no ones answered this question i thought id throw in my 2 cents....the trends ud 10.1 has been quoted to be an excellent value for the money and is built with some impressive components for the price. i bought the ud 10.1 to allow me to use my dell xps as a music center with the digital signal going to the zero dac/amp. It does what it is ment to and then some. Unfortunately i spent 150 on it with the batter pack that i never use and now i have an optical out on my laptop so im giving this unit out for 100 shipped. Do some research and PM me if you decide you want to save some money.

thanks for your impressions, i have since got a different D/A convertor, but just to help you out a little, you mention a price but dont mention the currency.

£, $, etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back