pop noise in clip+ between tracks...?
Apr 19, 2010 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, this problem worries me since i got this player. when listening to a whole album (or folder) I here this pop noise every time the clip moves to the next track. I am not sure but i think that it doesn't happen with all tracks,so could it be that there are certain peaks in the end or start of a track and that what causes this noise?
did anybody else experienced this problem also?

Apr 20, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, this problem worries me since i got this player. when listening to a whole album (or folder) I here this pop noise every time the clip moves to the next track. I am not sure but i think that it doesn't happen with all tracks,so could it be that there are certain peaks in the end or start of a track and that what causes this noise?
did anybody else experienced this problem also?

Perhaps this has to do with lack of support for gapless playback? Do you use MP3's? I have heard other users saying that ogg and flac also may have problem in the transision between tracks.

I received a Clip+ last week. I immediately put Rockbox on it. With help from someone in this forum I found a build that worked (the latest builds became unusable). It sounds great, is perfectly gapless, but is only about 90 % functional since the developers hasn't cracked the code completely yet. I hope they do soon, since this is a great improvement.

Apr 20, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by trondis23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps this has to do with lack of support for gapless playback? Do you use MP3's? I have heard other users saying that ogg and flac also may have problem in the transision between tracks.

I received a Clip+ last week. I immediately put Rockbox on it. With help from someone in this forum I found a build that worked (the latest builds became unusable). It sounds great, is perfectly gapless, but is only about 90 % functional since the developers hasn't cracked the code completely yet. I hope they do soon, since this is a great improvement.

thanks,I do use flac. If the problem is because the clip can't play gapless,it means that the problem is really not the player but the files themselves,probably not start and end smoothly so the player shows that.
that is fine by me as long as i am sure it is not a problem related to the player itself.

I don't want to rockbox or anythink like it,although it sounds nice, I am not good at this stuff and prefer to leave the player as it is.

Apr 20, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Latest firmware enhances support for gapless. Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.13 - Sansa Clip+ - Welcome to SanDisk's Sansa Community

As far as I can tell it only improves gapless on Lame mp3s, and others in the thread above seem to have no issues with Flac gapless, but updating your firmware is pretty painless and is almost always a good idea because improvements are continually made across the board. So it can't hurt to try.

I'm loving the version of rockbox that works and would never go back even if the developers never made it perfect, but in fairness Sansa's firmware is no slouch either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks,I do use flac. If the problem is because the clip can't play gapless,it means that the problem is really not the player but the files themselves,probably not start and end smoothly so the player shows that.
that is fine by me as long as i am sure it is not a problem related to the player itself.

I don't want to rockbox or anythink like it,although it sounds nice, I am not good at this stuff and prefer to leave the player as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back