'poorly' mastered songs with clipping... sound good?
Apr 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BobSaysHi

Headphoneus Supremus
Howdy y'all. I listen to a lot of really loudly mastered music, really loudly. I quite like the added intensity clipping gives the song. It sounds almost like they are bursting out of the speakers and about to kill me. Really thoroughly enjoyable.

Examples:

for fast and LOUD

The end. The end to this song is amazing.

and I had another song in mind when I made this thread but I forgot it.

Now, this clipping is intentional and adds a lot of intensity to the music. It is a tool to be used.

edit:

This is actually one of the loudest mixed albums OF ALL TIME, and it's impossibly heavy.

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 3
One example of clipping used creatively was in dark ambient song, Northaunt - Shadows Over Barren Land. At one point the song gradually gets louder and louder during each boom, distorting more and more. Yes, the feeling it gives you is that you are slowly being overwhelmed. Chilling and scary.

Apr 17, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
One example of clipping used creatively was in dark ambient song, Northaunt - Shadows Over Barren Land. At one point the song gradually gets louder and louder during each boom, distorting more and more. Yes, the feeling it gives you is that you are slowly being overwhelmed. Chilling and scary.

I really enjoyed that.

It seems like there are thousands of dark ambient bands, but I can't find time to filter through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back