Poor Your E2 Knowledge Here
Sep 23, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #62 of 72
I think if you look hard enough and know where to look, they can go for even lower than that
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2004 at 4:55 PM Post #63 of 72
man, i hate hearing US prices. i feel SO jealous. The cheapest e2cs in Australia are $125US+ converted...............................

I guess i could order them online and have them delivered worldwide...but most of those places which are cheap add an extra $20-30 US for worldwide shipping + insurance!

Gah!!!!!!!

*jealous aussie battler*

i settled on the sharp md33s for $45 US all in :p

dont even tell me how much the price differential is!!!!!!

Bloody yanks get it so good
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sep 23, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #64 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. The
Shure E2's for 65.95 at Computers4Sure.com with free shipping.

http://www.computers4sure.com/produc...ductid=2049377

Earphone solutions will beat any price you report so they come out to
$65.00 with free shipping.

Don't trust Computers4Sure. Based on multiple experiences, they advertise low prices on in stock items, then once the order is placed, the item is mysteriously out of stock. The merchant doesn't even tell you that, but instead lets you research the reason why your order never shipped on your own. They are completely shameless when questioned, and just say "cancel your order". Bait and wait is their specialty, and I would rather pay $10 more and order from an honest merchant who offers something approaching quality service for customers.

des

Sep 24, 2004 at 2:44 AM Post #66 of 72
I'm thinking of purchasing a pair since the price is right. I figure asking here is better then a new thread.

Basically I don't care about the isolation that much (maybe its from being a grado owner) but with the current ipod earbuds (which I hate) I only listen at about 15% volume. I can hear outside conversations and noises and it doesn't bother me. I'm wondering if the sound quality suffers if the E2s arn't jammed in the ear canal? Basically since I dont really care about/want that much isolation should I even be considdering these or should I be looking at more traditional ear bud style phones.

Sep 24, 2004 at 3:09 AM Post #67 of 72
If you plan on not getting a good seal with the e2 because you don't want the isolation, it will sound horrid. Very, very tinny. Just grab some normal earbuds.

Sep 24, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #68 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
1. I was under the impression that discountheadphones does not currently offer the ER-6i at it's previous price of 110USD.

2. The ER-6i is two times the price of an E2C. Not everyone has 110+USD to burn. For someone just getting into canalphones like our dear SLY here, the E2Cs are a great place to start because they provide good all-around sound for the money, and won't burn a hole in your pocket.

3. I think at 110USD, the Law of Diminishing Returns has already begun to take effect for the budget buyer. As mentioned earlier, the ER-6i's are two times the price of an E2C. Are the ER-6i's two times better than the E2Cs? They may present a clear advantage in certain types of music (and keep in mind, we are comparing two different flavors of canalphones here, both sound signature and price-wise) but let us not kid ourselves, a better rendition of detail and highs does not place the ER-6i two times higher than the E2C.

the fact that i said "when" implies that they are no longer that price. i think the ER6i is more than twice as good as the E2c's. the E2c's are a great intro to good headphones, and canalphones in general.

Sep 24, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #70 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
the fact that i said "when" implies that they are no longer that price. i think the ER6i is more than twice as good as the E2c's. the E2c's are a great intro to good headphones, and canalphones in general.

Yea - whatever you say
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back