[Poor Man Reviews] Sony MDR-ZX770BN
Sep 5, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #17 of 30
At over three times the price I would hope so! 
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #19 of 30
Does anyone know the difference between the MDR-ZX770BN and the MDR-ZX770DC models?
They both seem to have ANC, bluetooth + a wired mode. I was thinking maybe it's just a different naming system for the US market, as all the DC models I've seen are being sold from the US, but there are some BN's sold from the US as well.

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #22 of 30
  Does anyone know the difference between the MDR-ZX770BN and the MDR-ZX770DC models?
They both seem to have ANC, bluetooth + a wired mode. I was thinking maybe it's just a different naming system for the US market, as all the DC models I've seen are being sold from the US, but there are some BN's sold from the US as well.

To answer my own question, in case someone else will be facing it:
The DC model seems to be the exact same headphones as the BN model, sold at discout chains. Reference: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=MDRZX770BN&LOC=3#/howtoTab

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #24 of 30
Nov 25, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #25 of 30
Snap, there's no such offer on the german Amazon :)
I've heard about the Sennheiser 598 offer on the US Amazon. But I've never tested them and I wouldn't dare to just buy smth right away. I think it's best for you to go to an electronics store and try them both, see which ones you like best.

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #28 of 30

The Sennheiser Momentum definitely edges out the ZX770BN in more than one category.  The thing I noticed with Sony is that they often have this extremely safe sound signature that seems to spread throughout their earphones and headphones (the modern ones at least), with successive models having almost incremental increases in performance.  This makes for an almost predictable listening experience...and it makes it obvious that the cheaper headphones are missing something when compared to the more expensive ones.  Sennheiser manages to capture a lot of performance with a bolder and yet more refined sound signature while keeping each headphone somewhat unique.

May I ask which one is the best in audio performance, Sony zx700, zx750 or zx 770? Or what's their difference in audio performance? I truly want to know about that.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #29 of 30
Hey guys!

I've seen this model on offer at 79£ on Amazon.co.uk.
During the CyberWeek I've bought a pair of used Plantronics Backbeat Pro listed "As new" but I got them with broken pieces and they only work wired. I love the sound quality on those, but I need to send them back. 
Unfortunately without the 20% on AmazonWarehouse, I cannot afford their price tag. Do you think the Sony MDR-ZX770BN (at 79£) are a worthy replacement or should I wait for some discounts on the Backbeat Pro?

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #30 of 30
Does anyone know how this compares with the Sony MDR-10RBT? I just received the 10RBT and even though it is comfortable it lacks the bass I was hoping for and the treble is a bit too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back