PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player
Nov 10, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #1,516 of 4,858
If those claims in UltraHighEndReview are true, then you can't buy from the Pono Store without a Pono Player. Somehow, I doubt that. So I'd also want to question his 'sources' about that 1-2% claim. 

Then the (anonymous) author says that CD-quality is what the industry has been offering us for years. As downloads? Not the major suppliers (iTunes & Amazon).

After that, he pushes a streaming service. That's fine if you want to stream music, but that's not really the point of Pono. Sounds like axe-grinding rather than journalism.

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #1,517 of 4,858
Check out this unboxing review.  Oh god it looks even worse than I thought. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVcw1ylv3wU#t=151

Is Neil Young taking the piss or something?

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #1,518 of 4,858

No, just you.

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #1,519 of 4,858
Like the bamboo box, silver Pono OK too, but the yellow version looks hideous.  

Quote:

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #1,520 of 4,858
  I am just glad I have a site like ponomusic where it has the ability to provide lossless music at a larger variety. Dont be too focused on the hi-res but I do get why people talk about it as it is the marketing point of the pono player.

Agree completely on all those points

HOWEVER -  for me (and indeed of course has been NY's mantra all along the player's development) it's all about the music, and whether the Pono Player has the musicality.

I bought an X5 as an interim and that does not let the music through

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #1,521 of 4,858

More than half of ALL your posts on HeadFi bash the Pono.  Most of your posts bashed the Pono before anyone had one.  ALL of your posts bashed Pono before you saw or heard  one.

Who do you work for?

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #1,522 of 4,858
  more than half of ALL your posts on HeadFi bash the Pono.  Most of your posts bashed Pono before anyone had one.  All of your posts bashed Pono before you saw or heard  one.

Who hired you?
More than half of ALL your posts on HeadFi bash the Pono.  Most of your posts bashed the Pono before anyone had one.  ALL of your posts bashed Pono before you saw or heard  one.

Who do you work for?

Ever heard of Keyser Söze?

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #1,525 of 4,858

Who do you work for?

Some people just are grounded negative, don't have much else going on in their life. Remember in school, their was always a kid who told the teacher how bad someone else was, to make himself feel important or better. That's all it is. Plus if a person cannot get one for whatever reason its always good, according to that person, to make something less desirable by saying its junk.

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,526 of 4,858
Well, nothing in particular...I am really happy with the X5/E12 combo...it would be nice to go to a one-piece solution. The X5 is too cold and clinical on its own, with the E12 its great, but its a stack...

Some people just are grounded negative, don't have much else going on in their life. Remember in school, their was always a kid who told the teacher how bad someone else was, to make himself feel important or better. That's all it is. Plus if a person cannot get one for whatever reason its always good, according to that person, to make something less desirable by saying its junk.

Not really. It just looks poor and a rip off.

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #1,529 of 4,858

Some people just like attention too whether it's good attention or bad as long as people are paying attention.

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #1,530 of 4,858
  He's acting like a troll.  Don't feed him.

Well he/she/it can put up or shut up. It should be very easy to provide some evidence pono is a rip off if that's the case (either by directly listening and therefore commenting based on first hand experience, or pointing out mounting evidence of reviews by others stating it's a rip off).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back