Polyfilled my ad-d1001s, idk if its better
Feb 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pHEnomIC

100+ Head-Fier
I recabled my ah-d1001s and dynamatter the housing and driver, these mods made a huge improvement each on their own.

However, i just stuffed em with polyfill (about as much as shown in the pic on the mod guide) and I am not sure I am able to notice a difference. I am wondering if it mightve been better before. What should I expect to notice and should I keep them like this or go back?

I did one ear at a time, something was different when i had one done but I couldn't really pinpoint it.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 3
Use the phones for a while, getting yourself used to the sound.. And then do (or undo) the mod and see which one you like better..

A week or two should be enough to memorize the current sound characteristics and better pinpoint the difference when you mod (or unmod) it..

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #3 of 3
hey there, i have a d1001k myself, and was thinking about recabling and dynamatting
what did each of those specifically do to help the sound? i'm not sure if i want to spend time/money on something that might only help a little, thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back