Poll: Your favorite KSC35 mod?
Feb 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ductrung3993

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

As the title stated, I wanted to know which mod of the KSC35 satisfies you guys the most
biggrin.gif
If it was recable, please let me know which one do you use and if you use other mod, please state as well. Of course, it would be great for me if there's info about change in sound quality supplied.

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 12
Voted kramer mod but also encourage amping. Really helps these phones sound more dynamic.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #4 of 12
Umm, I think because these are portable phones so I want to keep the word "portable" as true to its means so I dont really like to use an amp here
biggrin.gif
And BTW, can you tell me which change the Kramer mod brought to your KSC35, have heard a lot about the KSC75 but not this one
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 12
Im not good at describing them, better bass, great mids Drew at Moon audio could describe better the difference in recabling, brings them to another level thanks listening to them with the Amp3 great combination

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 12
KSC-35km (kostalex mod)
This baby is based on SportaPro drivers, which are the same to those of KSC-35. So I think I may apply to this poll.

23824-best-clip-ons-yuin-g1a-ath-ew9-ultramodded-ksc-35-yuin-g2a-diy-grado-clip-ons-ksc-75-ksc-35-metal-covers.jpg

Well, the most significant improvement is caused by addition of back covers borrowed from Yuin G2A. The next valuable mods were thicker pads, not for comfort (stock were better) but for the sound. To accommodate these pads, I use rebended KSC-75 hooks.

Neither of these mods is listed in poll options unfortunately. I also applied those listed (Kramer, 75 Ohm, recabling), but I consider them as minor in comparison to the mods I mentioned above.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #11 of 12
For me, the Kramer earpad and grill mods, and the cheap Parts-Express headband. The mods to improve the SQ are great, but the cheapie headband swap is probably my favorite -- it has the biggest impact on the usefulness of the KSC75.

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #12 of 12
Parts-Express headband pretty much does the trick. I use it way more often now and it's more comfy to wear. Sound hasn't really changed much other than the bass sounding a bit louder cause it's pressed right on my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back