Poll: What's the greatest sounding IEM you've heard
Jul 2, 2007 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

Funk-O-Meter

100+ Head-Fier
Out of curosity.

So far it's the Atrios for me, but I've not heard any customs yet.

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #4 of 64
E500.

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #6 of 64
the only ones i've ever heard on that list were crossroads so obviously thats what I voted for

Jul 2, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #8 of 64
Voted for Crossroads as well, as they are the best I've heard.

Jul 2, 2007 at 9:43 AM Post #9 of 64
I was on the fence with my old Etymotic ER-4 and the E500s. I loved the Etymotic more for classical and of course other genres, but I did like the E500s for their all around fun sound so I voted for them instead. This will be interesting how this poll turns out.

Jul 2, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #10 of 64
I've only owned Etymotics ER 4P/S and Shure E5, and both didn't sound good and were horribly uncomfortable.
I've auditioned a few other IEMs at a meet.
Also not sounding exceptionally good.They just can't compete with real headphones.
Most $100 full size headphones do sound far better.
IME the IEMs I've auditioned represent the worst bang/buck ratio in headphones audio.
On top of that they are not repairable and have a MTBF of approximately one year.
In comparison my Omegas are cheap when you take into account that they will last 20 years and are repairable.
Strong points?
They are small and isolate well.
So there is no option for me in this poll.
They are no great sounding IEMs, at least none for less than $600.

Jul 2, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only owned Etymotics ER 4P/S and Shure E5, and both didn't sound good and were horribly uncomfortable.
I've auditioned a few other IEMs at a meet.
Also not sounding exceptionally good.They just can't compete with real headphones.
Most $100 full size headphones do sound far better.
IME the IEMs I've auditioned represent the worst bang/buck ratio in headphones audio.
On top of that they are not repairable and have a MTBF of approximately one year.
In comparison my Omegas are cheap when you take into account that they will last 20 years and are repairable.
Strong points?
They are small and isolate well.
So there is no option for me in this poll.
They are no great sounding IEMs, at least none for less than $600.

No one asked for an IEM rant. And obviously full sized sound better, but what is better to travel with? That is the only reason people actually buy them.

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #13 of 64
koss the sparkplug
cool.gif
now where is it on the vote list?
icon10.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #14 of 64
Shure E1, but it's not on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back