POLL: What Media Storage/Player are you using? (Please vote)
Dec 12, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #61 of 70
Awesome, a convert!

I haven't used J. River with a Rockboxed iPod (since I sold mine a while ago), but I might be able to help with the Sync issues you're having.  It should work, but you might have to tweak some of the "Options" settings on the device.  Let me know what problem or error message you're getting.

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #62 of 70
It wants me to buy a license to convert my flac files into mp3s, not exactly what i want
deadhorse.gif
But dosent bother me since i can transfer the flacfiles in windows anyway. seems like i cant sync without this license..

Quote:
Awesome, a convert!

I haven't used J. River with a Rockboxed iPod (since I sold mine a while ago), but I might be able to help with the Sync issues you're having.  It should work, but you might have to tweak some of the "Options" settings on the device.  Let me know what problem or error message you're getting.

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #63 of 70
I thought that might be the problem, here's the fix:

Go to:
-- Drives & Devices (in the tree column)
-- Right click the device
-- Click on "Options"
-- Click on the "Conversion" bar
-- Make Mode "Never convert"

then,
-- Click on the "Files & Paths" bar
-- Click on the "Supported Types" bar
-- replace any file formats with "*" (do not use the quotes)

-- Click OK on the bottom and try to Re-Sync

I think this should work for you.

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #65 of 70
I tried to do what you suggested but there is no way the J River wants to sync flacfiles to apple ipod video. The first part with never convert went well but the second part is not showing in the apple ipod video menu but the usb device menu has it. thanks for trying to help but it seems like J River dident know about Rockbox.
confused_face.gif

I thought that might be the problem, here's the fix:

Go to:

-- Drives & Devices (in the tree column)

-- Right click the device

-- Click on "Options"

-- Click on the "Conversion" bar

-- Make Mode "Never convert"

then,

-- Click on the "Files & Paths" bar

-- Click on the "Supported Types" bar

-- replace any file formats with "*" (do not use the quotes)

-- Click OK on the bottom and try to Re-Sync

I think this should work for you.

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #67 of 70

Quote:
I tried to do what you suggested but there is no way the J River wants to sync flacfiles to apple ipod video. The first part with never convert went well but the second part is not showing in the apple ipod video menu but the usb device menu has it. thanks for trying to help but it seems like J River dident know about Rockbox.
confused_face.gif

I think I know why....with rockbox, are you putting your music in the "ipod control " music folder, the one that gives you all the scrambled filenames? If so, here's your solution...don't use the iPod control folder. Create a new "Music" folder on the root of the player instead. Once you do that, the iPod will not see the tunes if you boot it into the apple firmware, but who needs that when you have rockbox installed? I did this on a Mini that I had for a little while, and I was able to use Mediamonkey to sync tunes onto it, no problem.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #69 of 70
i use Banshee on Linux.

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #70 of 70
Well, I dident know i was supposed to put the music in the ipod control folder so i  have one root folder for mp3s one for flacs, but it dosent bother me as the ipod acts like an external drive but thanks anyway, the J River is for sure an kickass program when it comes to playing audio on the laptop.

Quote:

Quote:
confused_face.gif

I think I know why....with rockbox, are you putting your music in the "ipod control " music folder, the one that gives you all the scrambled filenames? If so, here's your solution...don't use the iPod control folder. Create a new "Music" folder on the root of the player instead. Once you do that, the iPod will not see the tunes if you boot it into the apple firmware, but who needs that when you have rockbox installed? I did this on a Mini that I had for a little while, and I was able to use Mediamonkey to sync tunes onto it, no problem.

Quote:
J. River syncs a little differently than Media Monkey, but it might work.  It's certainly worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back