Poll: Were the moon landings fake?
Jul 19, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #391 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Already talked about. Supposedly an unmanned aircraft left it.
rolleyes.gif

Yes, thanks, I found it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This shows me you haven't thought about it; Is it completely unfathomable to think of an unmanned spacecraft?

Because, after all, it's COMPLETELY reasonable to assume:

- that an unmanned spacecraft could lay a delicate mirror array in the perfect position, both directionally and in elevation, completely undamaged in 1969...

- in a launch, flight and landing unseen by both amateur and professional astromomers worldwide...

- constructed by a massive collection of scientists and subcontractors from around the country, with at least *one* employee who would have since blown a whistle...

- paid for by publc monies and therefore by Congressional budgets that would have been part of a secret 'conspiracy'...

- bouncing lasers off for 40 years by independent agencies, including liberal research facilities like the University of Maryland, every single one of which wouldn't blow the whistle if the promised lunar tech wasn't where it was claimed to be...

Yep. Conspiracy theory SOLVE-ED!
beavers.jpg

tongue_smile.gif

Who says being a Luddite is mostly in the past? We've got an anti-science movement, associated with a political party, right here in America that would put them to shame.

Jul 19, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #392 of 468
Believe it or not, I'm actually going to write a post about *audio*...
smily_headphones1.gif

NASA just posted a new audio database of the crew-crew comms from Apollo 11. These had not been previously released - we had the mission control to astronaut comms, but not the "private" comms that were recorded in the flight recorders but not sent back to Earth. It's pretty easy to see why these were not previously released - the quality is horrible. They are full of noise and long periods of no dialog, and what dialog you can hear is pretty painful and tough to make out - even with head-fi 'phones!

Here's the main page: NASA - Apollo 11 Onboard Audio

And the actual onboard audio database: NASA - Apollo 11 Onboard Audio Database

Finally, here's a site that has listed some of the better clips to listen to:
The Apollo 11 Conversations Earth Didn't Hear Now Online > NewHeavenNewEarth > News Articles Archive

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #393 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
• No plan to return until 2018
• Absence of engine noise in official NASA footage
• How was it possible for footprints to be left undisturbed and without dust
• No evidence of an exhaust plume from LEM during ascent
• Grainy, Unclear video images despite having the technology
• Crosshairs on Still Photographs were partially obscured and sometime beneath the images
• Identical backdrops despite NASA stating the images were taken at different times and over 2 miles apart
• No report of radiation from The Can Allen Radiation Belt, problematic reports came after the moon landing
• Between 1964 and 1967 10 astronauts died in 'accidents'

I also include into my thinking:
• Why did the astronauts look so ashamed when meeting JFK after the 'trip'?
• Why would none of the astronauts swear on the Bible that they went to the moon?
• Did the US have reasons to fake such an event?
• Is such a stunt possible to fake?

Seeking refuge in the "Look, a bear!" arguments again? Distractions, lack of understanding, assumptions and and misinformation. You suit the conspiracy theory world very well.

Jul 19, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #394 of 468
• Between 1964 and 1967 10 astronauts died in 'accidents'

That's the one I find most distasteful - using these tragic deaths as "evidence" to further their own agendas.

Let's examine this "evidence":

- 1964 - Theodore Freeman - bird strike on a T38
- 1966 - Elliot See & Charles Bassett - T38 crash landing in bad weather
- 1967 - Gus Grissom, Rodger Chaffee & Ed White - Apollo 1 fire
- 1967 - C.C. Williams - T38 crash
- 1967 - Robert Lawrence - F104 crash
- 1967 - Michael Adams - X-15 crash (not a NASA astronaut)

That's only 9, but that's all I could find - and that's counting the X-15 test pilot who wasn't part of the astronaut program. Robert Lawrence also wasn't officially part of the NASA astronaut program, he was part of a separate Air Force program - the Manned Orbiting Lab, that had been canceled. He was scheduled to join the NASA program. The only other deaths I could find were Cosmonauts - who also lost several men in that same time period - but I can't imagine you would count those as "evidence"...

One thing to consider is that is was routine for astronauts to not fly commercial airliners or military transport - they often flew themselves in T38s or other military trainers. I suspect it was one of the perks of being a NASA astronaut. They also flew a lot of jet training missions in T38 and other planes - and being fighter jocks, I'm betting they did as much jet training as they could. Being an astronaut is dangerous - is this news?

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #395 of 468
Some surveys show that over 50% of the US population believes 9/11 was an inside job by the US Government. The scary thing is not so much the idiotic conspiracy theory, it's that 50% of people believe the President committed treason and did absolutely nothing about it.

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #396 of 468
Majid, I'd question those survey methods. Consistent numbers hover around 10%. Speculation beyond that is clearly political.

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #399 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wag the dog.

Skull & Bones

Freemasons.

Illuminati.

We are all just pawns. I, for one, welcome our true Masters & Overlords...

Well, yes, those are the fringes, but you still have not seen it for what it is. You welcome it? I am not surprised. May your chains rest lightly upon you.

Again, from Yahoo Nooz:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...n-landing.html

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #400 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, from Yahoo Nooz:

Apollo 11 hoax: one in four people do not believe in moon landing - Telegraph

Just because there's ignorance out there, doesn't add 1 gram of weight to any conspiracy. Plus, this is the sort of people they polled:

"Eleven of the 1009 people surveyed thought Buzz Lightyear was the first person on the moon."

And to extrapolate 1 in 4 of 1009 pollsters as, "a quarter of Britons" in a population of 60 million, is creative journalistic accounting indeed.

Jul 19, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #401 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just because there's ignorance out there, doesn't add 1 gram of weight to any conspiracy. Plus, this is the sort of people they polled:

"Eleven of the 1009 people surveyed thought Buzz Lightyear was the first person on the moon."

And to extrapolate 1 in 4 of 1009 pollsters as, "a quarter of Britons" in a population of 60 million, is creative journalistic accounting indeed.

Well, I only offered it for what it was worth, but did not expect it to be worth much. That's why I called it "nooz." A discussion of the deceptions and distractions of the media might be more productive than our beating the moon landing dead horse.

Jul 19, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #402 of 468
Quote:

I didn't know he was, my answer was just a lucky guess!
So much for statistics.

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #403 of 468
Quote:

Jay Leno called that bit "Jaywalking"
YouTube - Battle of the Jaywalk - FEB 2007 1/2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back