Poll-Speakers or Headphones?
Sep 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #17 of 21
Speakers while I have my lunch or when I feel like lazing on the sofa aka casual listening. When I do more critical listening it will be on headphones simply because I can't afford the cost of monitor speakers and room treatment.

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 21
I use speakers mainly. Headphones are usually late at night, or while I am on public transportation. 

Nov 16, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #20 of 21
About 6 years ago, in a span of 2 years, I went from a Sennheiser HD201 + ipod to the Sennheiser HE90 + Singlepower ES-1, with about 50 stops in-between.  Today, I have a pair of Usher monitors that I bought for $1000 locally (and a Linkwitz Orion that costs about $2500 to build).  For me, the jump in my enjoyment was greater when I went from the HE90 to the Usher (I'm not even going to mention the Orion, which is just in a different realm altogether) than when I went from the HD201 to the HE90.  I guess that makes me a speaker guy, eh?  Still enjoy listening to headphones once in a while.

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #21 of 21
Good stereo bookshelf speakers I use as default; no fatigue at all to listen to. Many good companies make decent ones at a decent price. Just avoid small satellite speakers and try to go for affordable bookshelf speakers to throw on your desk. (my used 2nd gen Polk audio bookshelf speakers are amazing at ~$150).
Bass on speakers are another kind of experience too. My speakers are clear to the point I can use them in my room with the door closed at a decent non-disturbing volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back