Poll: PX 100 vs PortaPro vs EH 350
Mar 9, 2009 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rault

New Head-Fier
What would you choose? In terms of quality sound only, not design, isolation and comfortabilty. As it may be subjective... as you can see from all three options... I'm not seeking for heavy bass, but for clear, well-ballanced sound, good highs.

Wich of these models would you recommend?

Suggestions in this price range are welcome.

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi rault.

Since all of the headphones you mention are of open design there will not be a lot of isolation to speak of. I have not tried the EH350s, but the PX100 and PortaPro will not give you any isolation at all.

For soundquality I prefer the PortaPro over the PX100.

If you want isolation maybe you should take a look at the closed AKG K414.

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 8
I heard only Porta Pros and EH 350 and I would pick eH 350 anytime except when for long listening sessions. They also leak less than PP. I dont even think they are in same league as long as we talk about sound quality.

Porta Pro:
+ comfort
+ price
+ bass

- veiled sound
- design

eH 350:
+ mids
+ more detail
+ better balance
+ design

- comfort after few hours (depends on your ears)

Mar 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 8
I've only heard Portapros and PX100's, but I'd have to say PX100, if only because you don't look like you have a head brace on when you're wearing them.

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #6 of 8
I haven't owned Portapro's but the PX100 on the other hand are fairly dark with a fair bit of bass.

My vote's on the Koss
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rault /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would you choose? In terms of quality sound only, not design, isolation and comfortabilty. As it may be subjective... as you can see from all three options... I'm not seeking for heavy bass, but for clear, well-ballanced sound, good highs.

Wich of these models would you recommend?

Suggestions in this price range are welcome.

I enjoy that isolation is considered subjective, but sound quality is not.
k701smile.gif

additionally, could we possibly get an Audio-Technica smile? I don't like having to use the K701 smile to get the closest thing.
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back