Poll on polls
Jun 14, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
I always impress the ladies with my poll.
580smile.gif

That reminds of a an old friend I had, his advice for courting women was to just "whip it out". Let's just say it doesn't work as well as he claims...

Jun 14, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #17 of 33
I don't see that polls do any harm and considering that this is the Members Lounge, you have to allow freedom of expression (to a degree). I'm glad they have an icon to help signify to poll so it's easier to skip.

I'm taking a leap of faith in assuming this area gets the majority of the polls. I haven't wandered around some of the other areas in awhile. We have seen a great deal more polls recently. It will run it's course, like Disco, and die off.

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
I dont mind a good poll, but sometimes when 5,000 polls pop up and the topic is something like "Are you dumb or stupid?" That annoys the hell out of me.

Where's the option for both. I would like to vote for that one.

So you can still see the thread starter? I never knew that as I have never used the ignore function before.

So why don;t you PM him and politely tell him? He might reconsider. He might not.

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4
I'll go ahead and answer this one...

AdamCalifornia's on my ignore list, yet his polls still dominate the first 2 pages of the Member's Lounge, often fill the music forum, and pop up elsewhere as well. Unfortunately vBulletin doesn't have the capability of hiding threads started by members on my ignore list, so despite not seeing his actual posts, I do see all of the threads.

Yeah.. I really wish vbulletin had the ability to block seeing threads from certain members. I'd rather read about the merits of pretzels than see another poll from AdamCalifornia.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

If it bother you so much then just put adamcalifornia on your ignore list and then you won't be able to see his posts. Why make a poll about his polls?

This was about adamcalifornia?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
This was about adamcalifornia?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I gather that the OP was aiming at him. Maybe he will clarify. Whether it is the amount of poll threads which have been popping up lately or maybe the amount of inane poll threads?
confused.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #23 of 33
I wasn't aiming at him particularly, but as others have pointed out, he's definitely an offender. I think he's just doing it for the attention, though. But aside from him others have been making polls like crazy too. I believe it's getting a little out of hand. Two polls per week is more than enough, I think.

Jun 14, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #25 of 33
GoRedwings19 FTW!!!!

wait a min... whats this thread about? *confused*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back