Poll: Is gaming a waste of time?
May 11, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #241 of 248
You selfish person!  How dare you take 1 minute to yourself, when there are starving and dying people about?  I also heard you slept 8 hours last night - shame on you!!!  You can survive on 6 hours of sleep, and those extra hours in the office working on that promotion will ensure an even higher cash flow into charities before you return to your double-wide trailer (I sure hope you dont rent an apartment, let alone own!).  Will the lack of sleep decrease your life expectancy?  That's fine, your earnings potential will rapidly decrease after age 70 anyways. 

Quote:
And sure you can game and do charity work, but any time and money spent gaming is time and money that could have gone to charity work instead. $60 spent on a video game is $60 not spent on sacks of rice and beans. Two hours spent playing aformentioned videogame is two hours not spent volunteering at a local charity.

Me, I'm fine with that. I know I'm a selfish person.

May 11, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #242 of 248
Hey El Doug, You sleep 6 hrs and Marvy sleep's 8, I'm lucky I get 3-4 per night and it's not due to work just don't sleep well maybe it's My subconscience nagging at Me for wanting just to make it to 70. See what lack of sleep does to You, it make's You all goofy in the noodle.  What was the topic again.

Quote:
You selfish person!  How dare you take 1 minute to yourself, when there are starving and dying people about?  I also heard you slept 8 hours last night - shame on you!!!  You can survive on 6 hours of sleep, and those extra hours in the office working on that promotion will ensure an even higher cash flow into charities before you return to your double-wide trailer (I sure hope you dont rent an apartment, let alone own!).  Will the lack of sleep decrease your life expectancy?  That's fine, your earnings potential will rapidly decrease after age 70 anyways. 

May 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #244 of 248
Exactly!
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #245 of 248

Quote:

My viewpoint is always contrary to yours.

(To elaborate: I am secure in my beliefs and have little need or want to flaunt them, so ultimately, I don't much care for my own beliefs - I'd much rather be contrary, and bring up points or views that run against someone else's, so that they can examine those other arguments, and defend their own; and so that others [assuming there are "others"] can also see those viewpoints and defenses.)

Elaborate more please.

May 12, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #246 of 248

Quote:

Elaborate more please.

I don't see how much more elaborate I can get; I take the contrary stance. The Devil's advocacy, as it were. Whatever someone is for, I am against; whatever someone is against, I am for; for the sake of argument, and improving arguments, usually.

(Unless I feel too lazy to argue the point.)

-- Griffinhart

May 12, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #247 of 248

Quote:
Sleep is overrated anyways~

Why sleep when I could be playin' video games, amirite?

-- Griffinhart

I used to say the same thing, some of You are in Your late teen's early 20's etc.. You can stay up all night and not miss a beat, it's pretty amazing, but as You get older it get's a little harder to pull it off, it feel's like Your in a stupor at time's and the simplist task's can give You a hard time. Enjoy that youth Guy's and Gal's.

May 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #248 of 248

Quote:
I don't see how much more elaborate I can get; I take the contrary stance. The Devil's advocacy, as it were. Whatever someone is for, I am against; whatever someone is against, I am for; for the sake of argument, and improving arguments, usually.

(Unless I feel too lazy to argue the point.)

-- Griffinhart

Alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back