Poll: headwize IRC Channel?
Jun 27, 2001 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

erebus

New Head-Fier
Has there ever been a headwize IRC channel? Is this a good or bad idea? It could be someplace for people of this nifty community to gather and chat in a "real-time" environment. I was thinking about it today with the turmoil surrounding headwize lately, it might be a good idea.

Erebus.

Jun 27, 2001 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 5
That sounds like a pretty good idea, but I honestly don't think the Headwize community is large enough to keep an interesting channel going. It could be worth a try, though.

Jun 27, 2001 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 5
I'd love to chat all day on IRC, but since I spend most of my time in head-fi (headwize) at work, and I would be unable to chat at work (firewalls don't like things like IRC), I would be missing out on probalby some very valuable information, as would other members of the community. And anything that gets said in chat would not be fair game for "Go search the archives". I think the forum format is the most informative and helpful to the most people

On the other hand, I guess it would be kinda fun to chat about other things with some of the members here, maybe get to know each other better.

Jun 27, 2001 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 5
I like the idea. I used to be on HW all the time, and I'm still on IRC all the time. There could be some trouble as to the management of the channel, but otherwise it could be good.

For those who don't use an IRC client, I think there are Java applets you could offer to visitors.

Maybe set up another website as a collection for the good things we gather from chat.

Jun 28, 2001 at 2:02 AM Post #5 of 5
WHile Live chat session can be interesting, the downside of a live chat is the chat contents do not go into an Archive. So once you exit the chat, or if you are not there during an informative discussion. ALL those valueable informations are lost.

The Archive aspect of Forum is what really shines
smily_headphones1.gif

Altho Chat can be interesting for Senn vs Grado wars lol~!
cool.gif

My Grados kicks ass !

no, You dont know jack! Senns OWNZ !

hehe lmao ~!
rolleyes.gif

Tides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back