[POLL] Fiio X5 Lockscreens - Choose your favorites!
May 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

searchy

New Head-Fier
Hello guys! I've taken the liberty to illustrate a few possible lockscreen combinations that could be included in future X5 firmware updates. Help choose the most popular configurations by voting for your favorites! (You can choose multiple options)

1. Default Lockscreen #1

Included in Firmware v2.0, volume buttons only. 

2. Default Lockscreen #2

Included in Firmware v2.0, volume buttons + Pause/Play + Skip Track. 

3. Volume Buttons + Play/Pause

I personally prefer this layout. 

4. Volume Scroll Wheel + Play/Pause

The scroll wheel acts as a volume control.

5. Volume Scroll Wheel + Play/Pause + Skip Track 

Great configuration when docked. Master control panel! 

6. Volume Scroll Wheel + Volume Skip Track + Play/Pause

The volume buttons can be long pressed to skip tracks. Volume buttons are less likely than skip track buttons to be accidentally pressed. 

7. Play/Pause + Skip Track 

I don't even know why? 

Those are the choices! If I missed any configurations you would like to see, please leave a reply below, I'll mock it up and add it ASAP. 

Final thoughts: 
I'm a big fan of using the manual scroll wheel as a volume control. It's like the scroll wheels on high end music equipment. I would LOVE to see the scroll wheel control the volume when the X5 is connected as a DAC. It's a bit inconvenient to turn on the X5, press the volume keys, and then rotate the scroll wheel to change volume. Thanks! 

In the interest of full disclosure, I voted for choices 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6. 

May 27, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 10
+1 volume +/- is all aI need to enjoy the X5 on the move so there is no accidental skipping/pause of tracks

Thirded. I'm pretty sure I've accidentally skipped to the next or previous track while it was screenlocked when pulling the X5 out of my pocket or putting it into the pocket considerably more often than I've intentionally used the feature. It's easily the most annoying thing about the X5 for me and I'd really appreciate a volume-change-only lockscreen mode.

May 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 10
Searchy please can you adjust your font to default as it's hard to read on a phone.

I believe this has been asked before!

Many thanks

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #7 of 10
IMHO, first of all X5 should have an option to lock all the buttons, inclluding the voume down/up. Without this option it is actually unusable on the go, in particular for a person who is wearing jeans.

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #9 of 10
I just bought x5 and the lock screen is a joke. I have accidently skipped tracks almost every time I have picked up the x5! How do I actually change the volume once it is in lock mode? Who designed this and thought it was a good idea? You can't even turn off the lock mdoes and are forced to use 1 or 2.

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #10 of 10

+1 volume +/- is all aI need to enjoy the X5 on the move so there is no accidental skipping/pause of tracks

Thirded. I'm pretty sure I've accidentally skipped to the next or previous track while it was screenlocked when pulling the X5 out of my pocket or putting it into the pocket considerably more often than I've intentionally used the feature. It's easily the most annoying thing about the X5 for me and I'd really appreciate a volume-change-only lockscreen mode.

Fourthed.  Volume only, but a long press should change volume rapidly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back