Poll: Date for Netherlands Head-Fi Meet 2008
Jan 16, 2008 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23
As of this writing the following location and dates have been proposed for the Netherlands Head-Fi Meet 2008:

Location: Nuenen, NL (see http://www.head-fi.org/forums/3654495-post31.html)

Dates: either Sunday, March 16th, 2008 or Sunday, March 30th, 2008

Please vote in this poll to help determine which of these two dates will be selected. The will run until Thursday, January 31th, 2008.

Thank you

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't make it at the proposed dates (Sunday after March 30 would be better for me), but if somebody happens to pass by Tilburg, they're more than welcome to pick up my gear for the meet: Headamp Pico, Triple.fi 10, ESW9, recabled KSC-75 and HD 25.

That's too bad saint.panda. Is there no way we could do it the Sunday after the March the 30th? (which would be fine with me as well) It's all up to you though Hans.

Jan 17, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 23
Hmm, long time no see all you headphone-loving people.
smily_headphones1.gif

At least not since "[size=xx-small]You last visited: [/size]09-19-2007" according to the Welcome thingy. I see lots of things changed here (like, why all the smiley's are broken for one?), not so much in my 'audio rig' though, but ah well.... at least i didn't sell it all
evil_smiley.gif
I'll have to check some things before i vote since Nuenen isn't exactly in the neighborhood of Rotterdam. I'd sure like to come, where it only to meet all of you (again).

[size=xx-small]Hmm, not going to head-fi screwed up my English too.[/size]

Jan 17, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

At least not since "[size=xx-small]You last visited: [/size]09-19-2007" according to the Welcome thingy. I see lots of things changed here (like, why all the smiley's are broken for one?), not so much in my 'audio rig' though, but ah well.... at least i didn't sell it all
evil_smiley.gif
I'll have to check some things before i vote since Nuenen isn't exactly in the neighborhood of Rotterdam. I'd sure like to come, where it only to meet all of you (again).

Indeed! Been a while. What happened?

As for the smilies -- Head-Fi went MIA for two weeks some time ago. Jude and a bunch of others worked their asses off to get it back, but not everything was able to be restored (including PM's).

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

evil_smiley.gif

Hey Welcome back!! Hope you can make it! At least Nuenen is closer than Maastricht was
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #6 of 23
Hi fellow Dutch music lovers,

Is this open for total beginners also?
I have been listening to iPods thru serious IEMs (ER-4P) for quite a while, but only recently bought a headphone (SR-325i + now also RSA Predator).
However I see myself seriously upgrading in the near future and would very much like to hear other equipment and get advice from experts like you.

Regards, Rob

Jan 21, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this open for total beginners also?

Ofcourse! It's open for everyone who's interested. It's a perfect opportinity to hear new stuff and there will be loads of it so sign up and join the club
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 23
Then count me in.
biggrin.gif

Rob

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #9 of 23
Hi,

I just registered today after buying AKG701s and now looking for a good amplifier. Normal livingroom listening through Arcam and Dynaudio, but want to add a good headphone system.

Nuenen is fine, as long as I can come there with public transport.

Best regards,

Rene
Nijmegen

Jan 23, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 23
Okay, I finally voted
smily_headphones1.gif
. (both options are fine with me, i think, and it's "only" 2:30hr with public transport)

Quote:

Indeed! Been a while. What happened?

Well, since I bought the EMU I can say that I am pretty satisfied with my PC-as-source rig, but still Head-Fi kept poking me in the eye. I was 1cm close to buying a DT990 without even having heard it.
... That was the moment I figured out I needed a break from headphones.
tongue.gif

Ah, well. The wallet damage isn't any less though. Instead of buying a DT990 and other audio stuff, I bought components for a new PC, and some thingy's for my camera .... So much for thinking 'I would save money by not visiting head-fi'
rolleyes.gif

[size=xx-small]Anyways, ... since either the 16th or the 30th of March isn't really that far away from now, wouldn't it be a good idea for making a list of people that could come at which date? [/size]
[edit]Nevermind... i missed the last sentence in the "Poll Post".
(The poll is a bit confusing though, 14 people voted, but only 7 different people posted in this thread.
confused.gif
)

Oh, btw. Contrastique, thanks for mailing/pm'ing me, else I would've missed this new meet for sure
cool.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Studiorene /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I just registered today after buying AKG701s and now looking for a good amplifier. Normal livingroom listening through Arcam and Dynaudio, but want to add a good headphone system.

Nuenen is fine, as long as I can come there with public transport.

Best regards,

Rene
Nijmegen

Hey, welcome!

I believe there is a bus connection between Eindhoven CS and Nuenen. Although I am not sure if they'll stop close to where Hans is located. Shoot him a pm and ask. If not close enough, we can always arrange, with me or anyone, to pick you up somewhere.

Jan 24, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Okay, I finally voted
smily_headphones1.gif
. (both options are fine with me, i think, and it's "only" 2:30hr with public transport)

Well, since I bought the EMU I can say that I am pretty satisfied with my PC-as-source rig, but still Head-Fi kept poking me in the eye. I was 1cm close to buying a DT990 without even having heard it.
... That was the moment I figured out I needed a break from headphones.
tongue.gif

Ah, well. The wallet damage isn't any less though. Instead of buying a DT990 and other audio stuff, I bought components for a new PC, and some thingy's for my camera .... So much for thinking 'I would save money by not visiting head-fi'
rolleyes.gif

[size=xx-small]Anyways, ... since either the 16th or the 30th of March isn't really that far away from now, wouldn't it be a good idea for making a list of people that could come at which date? [/size]
[edit]Nevermind... i missed the last sentence in the "Poll Post".
(The poll is a bit confusing though, 14 people voted, but only 7 different people posted in this thread.
confused.gif
)

Oh, btw. Contrastique, thanks for mailing/pm'ing me, else I would've missed this new meet for sure
cool.gif

You're very welcome
smily_headphones1.gif
Good to see you back here! You have to show us your new camera-goodies!! What did you get??

I think most people found voting sufficient enough. I do would like to see more people over here though!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back