(Poll) Best Wireless Headphones for around $300? (Senn. RS180 vs. Soundmagic WP10 vs. Sony MDR1RBT vs. Others)
Sep 15, 2014 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

halehaler

100+ Head-Fier
I listen to almost exclusively hip-hop, but it certainly isn't bass dominated and has lots of orchestral highs places throughout. So I guess I'm looking for a balanced sound.

I am unsure as to whether I want Closed or Open headphones. Closed would be a slight advantage; however, aren't essential and I hear open headphones sound better. 

I need wireless headphones due to my hobbies I've broken over 4 pairs of wired headphones already.

So far I have found: 

~Sennheiser RS180 (£180/$290)
~Soundmagic WP10 (£240/$390); bit over budget but if these are amazing then it's worth it?
~Sony MDR1RBT (£210/$360)
~Bose ® AE2w (£200/$235)
~Philips Fidelio M1BTBL/00 (£155/$250)
~Jabra Revo (£165/$270)

Please don't recommend any others, I have compiled a suitable list of which I can get supplied easy with a decent warranty in the UK; I figured the list must have a few good ones on it anyway.

I'm leaning towards the Sennheisers/Soundmagics/Sony's for some reason; I have attatched a poll below.

Thanks a lot in advanced guys.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #4 of 8
Presuming you just want to use them at home, I can recommend the Sennheisers - I have the RS170 and they sound great - the bass boost is very handy on the 170 but this is not a feature on the 180.

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 8
It's going to be a pretty much even split between at home, walking around, school library (it's not particularly quiet, hence why open headphones will be fine) and I will be weightlifting in the gym with them about 6 hours a week.

Have broken 3 headphones and IEMs, all via: cable caught in bike spoke, weight falls on headphone jack. Without wires I'm pretty safe.

Will the received on the Sennheisers be too large to put in my rucksack? That's what I was planning.

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #6 of 8
If you're walking around then the Sennheisers will be too big. The RS160 has a smaller transmitter, but the headphones themselves are not very good for portability. I've heard good things about the Sonys - get bluetooth Sonys I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back