Poll: Best/fav Nine Inch Nails Album?
Aug 23, 2008 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

GravityEyelids

100+ Head-Fier
I'm a huge NiN fan, and curious as to what fellow fan's favorite albums are.. Please tell why also.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 34
The Downward Spiral has got to be one of the most haunting, atmospheric, scary albums ever made. Especially once you realize that its a concept album about both a self destructive man leading up to his suicide and loosely and narrative about Reznor..

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 34
TDS gets my vote, though can we throw in Slam Bamboo for kicks?
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #10 of 34
TDS has a kind of magic depth to it. It wins.

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #12 of 34
TDS is the perfect industrial rock opera. It progresses logically, both from a musical and thematic standpoint. Listening deeply to it, you can really follow one person's descent into bleak madness.

Sonic-wise, the album has everything from ambient ('A Warm Place'), crunchy industrial ('Eraser'), heavy rock ('Reptile') and acoustic ('Hurt').

Sentimentally, TDS was one of the first albums that ushered me into the darker, more experimental and electronic folds of music, and I haven't looked back since.

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #15 of 34
I really like all of Trent Reznor's compositions, but the one that I found the most satisfying overall would be "The Fragile." ("The Downward Spiral" would be a very close second...) "Broken" was my least favorite. Although it seems to me that every one of his albums has something interesting to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back