Poll: Best cheap DAC?
Mar 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #31 of 39
Any other opinions? The Keces and the Zero are both getting very nice reviews, and the Super Pro DAC707 looksd very interesting as well...

Mar 15, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #33 of 39
i'm interested in the keces da-131.
has it less votes because it there are less people who have one?
i am looking to match it with GS Solo amp and ath-a900 cans!
any views on that setup ?

Mar 15, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #34 of 39
Well, because the 131 is mostly used because of it's optical output. Not as many people have optical sources as they do a USB source(computer), so you'll see more votes for it simply because there are more people out there with a source to use it. The Keces DA-151 is the "usb version" of the 131.

Mar 15, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #35 of 39
oicdn
point taken!
do you know where i can find an "in depth" review on the 131. either on here or elsewhere?
cheers

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #36 of 39
Not sure as it's a fairly new unit. There weren't many reviews of the 151 either.

It sucks, but I think the only options are to either PM somebody with it, or to buy one yourself if you can't audition one first. But if it's anything like the 151 (which, it's supposed to actually be better), you will NOT be disappointed.

Mar 16, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #37 of 39
Hmm ... the DIY Alien DAC can be had for $35 unassembled, not much more than twice that built.

The M-Audio Transit is a full featured portable DAC that runs about $75 in many places.

Neither are in your poll, unfortunately.
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oicdn
point taken!
do you know where i can find an "in depth" review on the 131. either on here or elsewhere?
cheers

Oldson,

I will post a review here at head-fi on the KECES DA-131 after 200 hours of use. Right now I'm at 40 hours of use (I don't let it run overnight). I must note however that writing reviews is not what I do for a living. In fact it will be my first review. Furthermore I don't have much to compare it to (just a AV receiver). Also my DAC is connected to a LD MK III and I have K601's. Nothing else. So my 'review' is flawed even before I've written one word.
redface.gif

I do understand the difficulty of having to choose based on written stories and 'reviews' here at head-fi and other sites. I've been there myself. In the end I just decided to get the KECES. And even at 40 hours I can say I'm very happy with it. I can however shed some light on the question to LME49710 or not to LME49710?

A "review" will take a couple of weeks, so I hope you can wait that long.
tongue.gif

Best regards,
Ruben

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #39 of 39
Ruben
just found your response (thanks)
looking forward to hearing your views!
simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back