Poll: Audeze LCD-2 rev1/rev2 owners desert Island scenario.
Aug 26, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #31 of 79
I’d take both.

The rev 2 for all my listening. And I’d eat the rev 1’s they’re so creamy.

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #32 of 79

Quote:
Quote:

Word.  

OP should have added more hi-end HPs to this thread.

Well I was specifically interested in the LCD-2 Rev1 or Rev2. Have a set of Rev2 waiting in customs at the moments.. I suppose it was inevitable.

You are not allowed to pick any other headphones to this desert Island. These or nothing.

Aug 28, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #33 of 79

Quote:
I’d take both.

The rev 2 for all my listening. And I’d eat the rev 1’s they’re so creamy.

right the creamy cream like the french cheescake
wink_face.gif
or maybe people use creamy other ways too
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #36 of 79
Quote:
You are not allowed to pick any other headphones to this desert Island. These or nothing.

Hmm.  I guess Stax wouldn't last on a sandy desert island anyway so the thread's fine as it is?

Though I would like to see the responses to a no-holds barred "choose one high-end headphone for your post-apocalyptic shelter" thread.

Of course, you would have to choose only from phones you've heard & the thread would have to remain hidden in summit-fi to filter a maximum number of garbage posts.

blink.gif
 -  this post started out as "edited".

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #37 of 79

Quote:
Quote:

Hmm.  I guess Stax wouldn't last on a sandy desert island anyway so the thread's fine as it is?

Though I would like to see the responses to a no-holds barred "choose one high-end headphone for your post-apocalyptic shelter" thread.

Of course, you would have to choose only from phones you've heard & the thread would have to remain hidden in summit-fi to filter a maximum number of garbage posts.

blink.gif
 -  this post started out as "edited".

Search you will find a few such threads :). I am not interested in getting Stax so yes the thread is perfectly fine with just R1 and R2 from people that heard them :p

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #38 of 79
It would really depend what music I was stuck on that island for me with to decide which LCD-2 I would want. I answered I don't know on the poll because I haven't heard both versions but if it was with my entire music collection I would pick rev.1 as from what I have read about the rev.1 so far I think it would be more forgiving. But if I was downloading all new music with a mind to sound quality that could change so I believe I answered the right way lol.

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #39 of 79
I prefer the rev 2s in every way.  The rev 1s were an important addition to my headphone collection; the rev 2s could very well replace the collection.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #41 of 79
Having only heard the R2s I do not feel like I am missing out on anything. This is after deciding the R1s were the 'phones for me... so yeah I don't feel it is worth fussing about.

PS: I voted "Uncertain".

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #42 of 79
Had the Rev2 for a week now. As mentioned essentially the same headphone but the Rev2 do everything just that bit better. There is nothing no creaminess, magic or whatever voodoo the Rev1 does better. The Rev2 is simply an improved Rev1 :)

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #44 of 79

Quote:
I only have one headphone but I do steal one of my daughters cans at night to watch TV I'd use the LCDs but I need a break from the clamping pressure...  

I find the best phones for TV or non-music casual use are Grado RS-1s with flat pads. Sooooo comfortable and light they actually feel better than no phones at all sometimes.
On the amp I use for my TV, I turn back the treble to cope with the RS-1s brightness. (I really can't use the RS1s for serious music because of the brightness, and my headphone amps
don't have tone controls, and of course, tone controls never work anyway for serious audio use.)

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #45 of 79
Well, way to go Audeze! I finally broke down and got the Rev2s, and they are much better than the originals and are fantastic phones, period, just with their stock cable with a conventional 1/4-inch plug.
(1) They have no sluryness or sense of overhang that I find orthos can suffer from (including HE6s).
(2) They do not ring at all in the upper midrange, so important to non-fatiguing vocals.
(3) The bass is controlled and detailed.
(4) They have great definition without any hyped up highs. I always thought conventional dynamic phones were needed for this level of definition, but the Rev2s are right up there with T1s, HD800s, and D7000s in this area.
(5) They are excellent with my tube and solid state amps (but the tubes give more saturation of tones, a more continuous sound; but even with tubes, the bass is not soft and is quick and satisfying).
(6) The highs are (Goldilocks-like) "just right" to me (a rare achievement with headphones).
(7) They are just plain balanced over the entire frequency spectrum, more than any phones I've tried (& I've tried many of them). No anomalies that I can detect in the Rev2s.

Just plain shocked at how good these are out of the box. A big step up for me over the Rev1s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back