Poll: Amp clones, should we be allowed to discuss them?

Should we be allowed to discuss amp clones, such as the lovely cube, matrix m-stage, and the A2-PRO?

• Yep, freedom of speech all the way!

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No, we should protect the companies, who spent time and money developing the products.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Aug 15, 2017 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Maerkedahl

New Head-Fier
I recently had a post deleted for trying to start a discussion on a particular headphone amplifier, claiming to be a clone of a well-known product. Should we be allowed to discuss such amps, or should we accept being censored/protect the companies, who invest time and money developing the products?

Aug 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Seriously......... I think it's a bit silly to call just about any amp a "Clone" unless you can POSITIVELY say all the parts used & the skill of whoever it is putting the amps together are the exactly the same
on every possible level . (Yeah....I'm fairly sure those calling these amps clones really can't confirm this info)

Everyone through history , knowingly or unknowingly, has borrowed things from others........ It's called life !

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Seriously......... I think it's a bit silly to call just about any amp a "Clone" unless you can POSITIVELY say all the parts used & the skill of whoever it is putting the amps together are the exactly the same
on every possible level . (Yeah....I'm fairly sure those calling these amps clones really can't confirm this info)

Everyone through history , knowingly or unknowingly, has borrowed things from others........ It's called life !

That is certainly true, in my eyes at least. And another good argument for why we should be allowed to discuss whatever we want on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back